auto-mate just got better! auto-matePRO now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimpuff View Post
    My Challenger PB series had the mrt ecu remap about 150000km ago. It had the Wholesale Automatic Transmissions torque lock shortly after.
    I just read the auto-mate description of their lock up and auto-mate pro.
    My torque lock is basically used in sport mode and I change manually up or down between 1800 and 2000 revs. As the ecu remap puts the peak torque about that range.
    jimpuff, our base spec lockup-mate would suit you as you’re clearly a knowledgeable driver. Lockup-mate works best in sport mode, However it will automatically unlock the TC if might place the trans under stress.
    auto-mate however is soooo much more. Stick the transmission in D and it intelligently changes gear for you -like a lockup kit and transmission remap in one. There’s really no comparison.
    In Tasmania towing a 2 tonne van I liked the engine braking down steep grades. On long climbs I'd make early decisions to manually change down and had no limp mode incidence.
    I lost count of the emails I’ve received from PB/PC owners being so delighted our kits have stopped the dreaded LIMP problems when towing.
    yep, what you have is unsophisticated, and relies on you to be the computer. If you don't get your finger out disengage it when slowing to a stop or at low speed you’ll stall or cause a serious shudder.

Stalling an auto is about the worst things you can do to it, as I t’s just not designed for those loads. A manual gearbox can.
    But it leaves safety protocols in place if too much load and gear too high and a change down will occur.
    no, I have to disagree. You can very easily overload the engine an labour it. The ECU doesn’t downshift early enough. Our auto-mate will. Our kits in Sport mode also recognise this situation and will unlock if needed. In Drive auto-mate just drops down a gear...automatically.

Yes, if the auto-mate had been around I would have given it a go, but the ecu remap is essential to get the most benefit from a torque lock in the Challanger or Triton.
    yes, ECU remaps give great results. No argument here.
    However, I don’t have enough fingers an toes to count the customers who have literally taken out and chucked your current lockup kit to put one of ours in. Another one just today!

A manual push button unit puts all the emphasis on the intelligence of the driver to control it properly. Instead our kits use the sophisticated computers to take the worry away and provide levels of performance exceeding anything else available.

jimpuff, you’re clear a bloke totally in tune with your car and a smart driver, hence a manual switch kit works for you. Many others however buy an auto to drive it in D. And auto-mate simply adds a new mode of D that is optimised for towing.

Last edited by m_and_m; 4 weeks ago.
    2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-mate
    2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
    Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate and NEW RELEASE auto-matePRO

Comment

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post

Yes. Keep in mind each memory can be setup for whatever you want. We’re talking about my choice of parameters for mem 1 and 2. Mem 2 is like you have now, both 2H/4H and 4L
      Hmm. It’s called ‘PRO’ because it is more complex to understand now...to meet the needs of ‘enthusiasts’
      In 4LLC P1 has no effect as the gear shift function is disabled in DRIVE, leaving P2 parameters which can affect 4L engagement in SPORT
      Hi Marshall appreciated,

Trying to work out whether spending the $130.00ish will be of benefit to me at all & if it was would post the box back & have the software updated.

I did misunderstand at the time of purchase which is fine no problems, we all have to make a living.

The "marketing" of free software upgrades, but thats ok, i work in sales so i understand people market products for the best bang, attract the bee with honey etc.

Sounds like that was/ is now basically if there was a software design fault, little improvements, little enhancements MM4x4 won't charge to improve it to work properly/ better if they work out how, but new & improved that took far longer to go through R&D is classed as new product & is a chargeable item.

Makes sense to me, like most "free things" don't believe it, not really free upgrades , but might be free upgrade at discretion of designer, like free maps.

Just a suggestion, some of us may misunderstand what your meaning in marketing "Free software upgrades" & maybe could be better put it, upfront when selling "free software ugrades", is just about glitches or little things etc, no grey areas that way.

My vehicle does suffer from 1st gear "quirk" from time to time, generally using paddle shifters often around town.
      I lose control somewhat under 30k's of gearbox if i don't switch it off as i'm in D again etc to avoid quirk of stuck in gear.

So switching it on currently as above is my situation around town & gearbox temps appear fine, MY16 265/60R18's, but will step up to 265/65R18's.

Thanks for clearing up 4LLC
      Makes sense thanks for taking the time for clarification, only works in Sports mode, so no change to current unit. Except if memory 1 is selected it will try & maintain 80C or temp it is set at??
      I think ???
      Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonmc73 View Post

My vehicle does suffer from 1st gear "quirk" from time to time, generally using paddle shifters often around town.
        I lose control somewhat under 30k's of gearbox if i don't switch it off as i'm in D again etc to avoid quirk of stuck in gear.

I too have suffered from the 1st gear quirk, until I realised I accidently switched off the program. Refer to automate operation manual , page 8 details the procedure to toggle between on/off .
        In my situation I obviously ,instead of switching the LED off while driving , deactivated the 1st gear quirk by holding the LED for greater than 3 seconds..
        Now re activated all working well.
        Auto mate will now be left on at all times.
        Would not be without Auto mate and paddle shift kit. Great accessory especially when towing.

Terry
        NH Pajero 1993 3.0 V6 GLS with ARB Bullbar, HD Suspension 2" lift, Roof rack, cargo barrier, rear drawers, onboard air compressor, Mickey Thompson MTZ tyres, Hella Spot lights, UHF radio, GPS
        ALSO NT 30th Anniversary Model 3.2 DID Auto.(Accessory list needs to start again). Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 Tyres, ARB old man emu 50mm Suspension lift, SPV module and Catch Can,Bushskinz plates, King Brown 3" Exhaust turbo back, Flappy Paddles, Auto Mate Torque Lock up Kit.

Comment

Originally posted by terryfirma View Post

Would not be without Auto mate and paddle shift kit. Great accessory especially when towing.

Terry
          My Ultragage started beeping at me other week, driving down the hwy minding my own business.
          P2758
          Geez i was glad it wasn't the ejection seat or anything , i wouldn't have known anything without an ultragauge.

Programmes not switched off as far as i know, as under 30k's it drops off.

What i mean 1st gear quirk, is vehicle lunging at low speed & going into 1st gear.

I brought Automate before the car, Paddle shifters handy as, Ultraguage great as well.

I'm glad i've fitted all three items for the reasons i fitted each.
          Last edited by Jasonmc73; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonmc73 View Post

Hi Marshall appreciated,

The "marketing" of free software upgrades, but thats ok, i work in sales so i understand people market products for the best bang, attract the bee with honey etc.

Sounds like that was/ is now basically if there was a software design fault, little improvements, little enhancements MM4x4 won't charge to improve it to work properly/ better if they work out how, but new & improved that took far longer to go through R&D is classed as new product & is a chargeable item.

Makes sense to me, like most "free things" don't believe it, not really free upgrades , but might be free upgrade at discretion of designer, like free maps.

Just a suggestion, some of us may misunderstand what your meaning in marketing "Free software upgrades" & maybe could be better put it, upfront when selling "free software ugrades", is just about glitches or little things etc, no grey areas that way.
            Thanks, feedback appreciated. Firmware upgrades are of course still free for the product purchased.
            auto-mate PRO has taken 12 months of R&D to develop, and is hardly a bug fix release. We don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask the small upgrade price for the effort and new features you get. Of course the choice is ultimately yours.
            Incidentally, we’ve rolled the SafeLock feature across the product range (at no cost) because it just made sense.

Thanks for clearing up 4LLC
            Makes sense thanks for taking the time for clarification, only works in Sports mode, so no change to current unit. Except if memory 1 is selected it will try & maintain 80C or temp it is set at??
            I think ???
            Yes, In 4LLc the only parameter ‘ignored’ is the gear gear shift profile (P1).
            2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-mate
            2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
            Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate and NEW RELEASE auto-matePRO

Comment

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
              Thanks, feedback appreciated. Firmware upgrades are of course still free for the product purchased.
              auto-mate PRO has taken 12 months of R&D to develop, and is hardly a bug fix release. We don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask the small upgrade price for the effort and new features you get. Of course the choice is ultimately yours.
              Incidentally, we’ve rolled the SafeLock feature across the product range (at no cost) because it just made sense.

Yes, In 4LLc the only parameter ‘ignored’ is the gear gear shift profile (P1).
              I think it's fair as well to pay people for there time & expertise

I'm glad to own one of your products for reasons i fitted it & would/ do offer advocacy for your products & business.

Also appreciae the info on how to programme an Ultra gauge.

I'll read the manual a few more times on the new one .

Comment

Working...
              X