• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also like number 4.
    NW GLXR
    --------------
    EVO 6 TME

Comment

M and M you probable have done it, but just mentioning ensure you patent it. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Chainsaw View Post
        ensure you patent it.
        And book your spot for SharkTank

Comment

Originally posted by Chainsaw View Post
          M and M you probable have done it, but just mentioning ensure you patent it. Well done.
          not the worst idea i have heard.

you TL kit is very different from others on the market that i am aware of

steve
          2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by Scouter1 View Post
            Marshall, please put me down for a lockup-mate Lite. I have the Wholesale Autos lockup kit which gets used periodically, the ability for this to run automatically would dramatically improve the functionality of the overall system. Also happy to be a test mule

Cheers,
            Stephen
            Put my interest down for the Lite, for same reason listed above.

Comment

An update

Thanks for all the interest.

Here's a bit of an update on progress.

Just as many are interested in lockup-mate as lockup-mate Lite, so they'll probably hit the streets at pretty much the same time I'm still aiming for December.

My software now reads the VIN number of the car. This is to enable me to determine the make, model, year and whether it's a petrol or diesel engine. This way I can automatically 'disable' if someone plugs it into an unsupported car.
              Knowing the VIN also means I can now have a different lockup algorithm for a petrol and diesel (if needed).
              On this note, does anyone have a Petrol gen 4 in Adelaide who want to be a test mule?

I did a lot of profiling last week of the way the factory lockup solenoid is controlled by the AT ECU. The result is that it's NOT just an on/off control (0-100). It uses a 25% and 50% modes, and also does slowish ramps from 50% to 100% lockup and down again.
              So lockup-mate will mimic this exactly.
              lockup-mate Lite will not be able to as the lockup is controlled by your after-market kit (so it's whatever it does - probably 0-100).
              Last edited by m_and_m; 03-10-17, 03:35 PM.
              2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-mate
              2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate or lockup-mate now available for Pajero NS+, Triton MN,MQ, Challenger PB,PC, Prado 150

Comment

Put me down for the LockUp-Mate when ready

Alex
                NX GLS MY15 Pajero 265 265 17 BFG AT KO2 Bilsteins & Lovells, ARB Bar Airtec Snorkel Runva XP11 Full BushSkinz Underbody Protection and RockSliders, Donaldson Filter, LRA Tank, Icom 450N 75W HID Spots & Lightbar Drifta Drawers MSA Fridge Slide Engel Fridge CTek 250 120AH Battery 65L Water Tank Paddle & Lockup-Mate
                NL 1999 Pajero 3.5L Cargo Barrier UHF Roof Rack. Dual Battery Engel Fridge No Airbags

Comment

Originally posted by Drjohn11 View Post
                  Put me down for the LockUp-Mate when ready

Alex
                  Will do!
                  2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-mate

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate or lockup-mate now available for Pajero NS+, Triton MN,MQ, Challenger PB,PC, Prado 150

Comment

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
                    I did a lot of profiling last week of the way the factory lockup solenoid is controlled by the AT ECU. The result is that it's NOT just an on/off control (0-100). It uses a 25% and 50% modes, and also does slowish ramps from 50% to 100% lockup and down again.
                    So lockup-mate will mimic this exactly.
                    lockup-mate Lite will not be able to as the lockup is controlled by your after-market kit (so it's whatever it does - probably 0-100).
                    Probably explains why the Wholesale Autos kit is feels somewhat abrupt when engaged.
                    2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

lockup-mate: progress update

Hi all,

An update on lockup-mate progress.

This weekend I went to Peake, in SA, which is a private property with some fantastic sand driving.

This, of course, provided a great opportunity to do some more testing of lockup-mate.
                      Towed my 16ft caravan to there from Adelaide. Spent the weekend on the tracks in 4LLC (low range) to watch transmission temps and to see how well the automatic lock/unlock performed.

Great results.

Towing the caravan there:
                      It is about a 1:45hr drive from Adelaide to Peake. Out of Adelaide there is a very long and steep grade up the freeway. Van attached, the Pajero normally sits at between 70/80-90 kph up this grade.
                      With lockup-mate on, the trans hit a max. of 92degC (just 10 degC above normal for my car). So having the torque converter locked up certainly made a massive difference in reducing trans. temps.

On the highway I also used the centre meter to compare fuel economy in 5th (locked) and 4th (locked).
                      I had a reasonable head wind, but generally obtained about a 2L/100km fuel economy improvement when using 5th gear with the TCC locked compared to 4th. At 100kph(GPS) , 4th = 2800 rpm, and 5th = 2000 rpm.

4LLC (low range use)
                      At Peake, I can say lockup-mate worked a treat in the sand. With the manual lockup kit I had my NP, the idea of using the TCC lockup in low-range was limited to just steep hill descent - using it in dynamic situations was just totally impractical.
                      During the weekend I used 4LLc in SPORT mode most of the time. The conditions meant I mostly used low-range 2nd gear, and occasionally 3rd. The terrain at Peake is weaving through medium sized vegetated dunes and some terrific play areas with short, steep sections. - so it's not like beach driving, as the conditions are very dynamic.

Having the automatic lock/unlock worked brilliantly. I have an override switch to switch off lockup-mate; but didn't use it even once.

I could just drive any situation without worry, and the transmission temps stayed at <88degC. Amazing!

Highway home with van
                      Driving back home with the van we took a route though the Adelaide Hills. On this route you're typically up and down shifting though the windy sections a lot. Again the automatic control of the TCC worked really well.

For those familiar with Adeliade-Mannum Road would know the long climb up from Palmer. Transmission temp reached 88 degC (up just 8 degC from normal for my car).

So at the end of the weekend I'm really loving the automatic control of the TCC. I rarely used my manually controlled lockup in my NP due to the hassle.

So far I've mostly driven in SPORT mode, and I found I only needed only to focus on the right gear choice - and the need to worry about TCC control was just gone.

Given I was mostly in SPORT, having the 'flappy' paddle shifts has been a perfect compliment. A great combo - hint hint! No seriously -a big, big improvement.

Around town
                      Over the previous week I've been tuning it for use during my normal daily drive too. You don't really need to use it to lower the transmission temps in these conditions. But, I found the TCC lockup has made the car feel so much more like manual. The slush-box feeling is gone, and you can feel the torque getting straight the the wheels. Nice!

Next Steps:
                      Pretty much got the lock/unlock points setup nicely positioned; I now need to get it to work better in when DRIVE mode, and get on with making a pre-production unit and ordering the parts.

Conclusion- love it
                      Last edited by m_and_m; 23-10-17, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Sounds excellent. Spent a week on the tableland out of Cairns/Cardwell and found myself, as usual, driving from the Ultragauge auto temp readings! Looking forward to having the lockup kit as it will definately make the car easier to drive.
                        Dicko FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
                        Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

Telegraph X camper

Comment

Great to hear you testing was successfully and its getting closer to becoming available.

Will there be problems with owners who have different wheel/tyre combinations?
                          NW GLXR
                          --------------
                          EVO 6 TME

Comment

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post

Pretty much got the lock/unlock points setup nicely positioned; I now need to get it to work better in when DRIVE mode, and get on with making a pre-production unit and ordering the parts.

Conclusion- love it
                            This could be as good as paddle kit & paddle-mate, looking forward to testing it out.

Cheers,
                            Stephen
                            2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

Originally posted by _jp_ View Post
                              Great to hear you testing was successfully and its getting closer to becoming available.

Will there be problems with owners who have different wheel/tyre combinations?
                              No, my car has tyres one size up. I will be testing it in a stock car to ensure it still performs well [thanks ticky ] . I'll make sure it can adjust to suit differing tyre sizes and for retuned/more powerful engines [thanks twisted32].
                              I'll probably have a sensitivity adjustment to account for any variances in different vehicles, and for the individuals personal preference. But...

I'm not committing to this yet as it may not be necessary. I tuned mine initially for just my car. After hooking up the van, I didn't need to make any changes, so it's quite tolerant to large changes in load.

Comment

Originally posted by Scouter1 View Post
                                This could be as good as paddle kit & paddle-mate, looking forward to testing it out.

Cheers,
                                Stephen
                                Having the paddles and the lockup-mate is like driving a manual. love it.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X