ARB sales jump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARB sales jump.

ARB yesterday reported a sales jump for the last six months of 21.65% to $284m. Profit is estimated at $70 to $72m. Their shares are now worth $33.47.

If that is a nett profit after all costs, it would suggest a mark up well in excess of 100%-700%, which i've always expected was the case.

The old rule of thumb is nett profits of 4-5% of turnover is a healthy business, car yards we love to hate manage around 1.5-2%, big turnovers though.
    Last edited by Jasonmc73; 13-01-21, 07:30 PM.
    Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16

Comment

The article said 'before tax profit'.Didn't mention gross or net.

Comment

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
        The article said 'before tax profit'.Didn't mention gross or net.
        Oh thats more like it

As can be seen, the mark ups are quite healthy, which they can be as it's a passion purchase for many & the market dictates what they can charge, people are willing to pay.
        Plenty of money in Australia & they are getting a share of the descretionary spend, good on them.

Comment

ARB just announced their net after tax profit for the first half of $54 million That's up 113% on last year. Sales were $253.9 million.

That's a lot of bullbars.

Comment

they have always been pricey, but have always had decent products and customer service in my experiance.

To be doing well when there is so much cheaper imported stuff is a nice feather in their cap.

Comment

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
              ARB just announced their net after tax profit for the first half of $54 million That's up 113% on last year. Sales were $253.9 million.

That's a lot of bullbars.
              Personally in my kneck of the woods, this "once in 100 year recession" we are experiencing, I would be happy camper to see it every year .

Hardest thing to find is useful labour, shortage of workers not jobs !!.

Overall anyone who isn't doing well in retail i feel sorry for them, because every man & his dog seems to have his wallet out spending loot.

We are dizzy where i work, definately beyond capacity in many ways & i rub shoulders with many who proclaim the same, property market out of control, no available rentals

One Australian based manufacturer of goods, i am quoting lead times of 10 to 12 weeks, some items have been more like 16 weeks. This is purley demand, swamped with work.

Another Australian based they are only about 4 to 6 weeks behind.

Comment

What sort of industries Jason? Wondering here if it's wants or needs type products

Comment

Originally posted by disco stu View Post
                  What sort of industries Jason? Wondering here if it's wants or needs type products
                  I sent private message mate.

The "wants market" in our area is completely sold out, Motorbikes, Jet Ski's, boats, caravans, Luxury cars, utes, houses, rentals & to purchase, to name a few short supply.

I work more in the needs market sort of, but mums & dads are certainly not afraid to spend at the moment, crazy, I have never seen anything like it in the 15 years i've worked in retail sales.

I'll be able to buy Pajero upgrades soon , doing ok currently, but i tell myself that is a "want" not a need, can't eat a 4wd so it sits and waits .

Comment

ARB sales are "Wants" Toy market in reality, go figure.

They reflect what we see & as I say.

It will bust with a "POP' i suppose, so i am being like a squirrel meself, as the company i work for are.

As they say, put hay in the shed whilst the sun shines, cause it won't shine forever.

Comment

Went to my local MM dealer and ordered some bits and pieces. It's a SIX franchise dealer besides MM it includes Nissan, Jeep, VW, Skoda and Suzuki. The huge yard was half full. New stock was way down. Second had stock was worse. Funny though, the spare parts counter was busy.

Comment

COVID I think B&B. Ships and planes are not as plentiful as in the past, and manufacturing overseas is more covid affected then whats left of it on our little island. It took 6 weeks for me to get a plastic foot rest out of Japan from Amayama.

However I was chatting to ARB today regarding a Sarah bar (which they don't do) for a Pajero. Said even if I ordered a Deluxe bare it would be end of April to arrive. Currently the worksop for fitting is booked till April also, so may by late May early June pending. And that's made in Australia. Furthermore I'm sceptical Australian manufacturer's margins are huge on their locally made items, rather the margins on Chines made stuff are so big they are pitched just under the Australian made to appeal more.

As for the bubble bursting, we are consumers no matter where you live. China wants our ore even though they are being dicks over many other exports. However I hear Australian Barley markets moved on to somewhere which currently escapes me, but are looking the better for it. Wine, sea food, wood etc will all do the same.

No one likes a bully so it may just blow up on China in the long run.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X