Sky high prices and insurance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky high prices and insurance.

With used vehicle prices going north how do people insure them? There are NS SWB R models for sale on the internet between $22,990 and $16,900. Redbook price is $8,300 to $12,500.

Shopping around yesterday the most I could insure mine was $12,900 and NRMA wanted $1,095. AAMI would insure it for $11,570 for $587. Both include windscreen.

Woman wanting $67,000 for 2021, 30klm, Paj on marketplace. Bugger all accessories. Unreal..
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
    Some days your the dog...other days your the tree!!

Telegraph X camper

Comment

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
      With used vehicle prices going north how do people insure them? There are NS SWB R models for sale on the internet between $22,990 and $16,900. Redbook price is $8,300 to $12,500.

Shopping around yesterday the most I could insure mine was $12,900 and NRMA wanted $1,095. AAMI would insure it for $11,570 for $587. Both include windscreen.
      My touring modified MY15NX Exceed is insured for $55K with Club4x4 including a glass replacement for $1240.

A year ago AAMI struggled to give me $37K after arguement (threats) on my side, this year they just offered $48K no questions or arguements.
      MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, Boo's bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65R18, TPMS, Dobinson/Kings HD 45mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, MM nudgebar with Ultravision 205 4K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM kitchen and drawer. Stockman allroada pod trailer with Drifta Stockton RTT.

Comment

I recently altered my insurance through defence service insurances (QBE) to an agreed value of $45k for $74/mth ($880/Yr) up $7 from the market value cover with free glass & hire car.
        Out of curiosity I asked the guy who did the change about how they set the market value & he said they work on a roughly 20% either side of the agreed value range which for my 2015 NX with mods was $42,799 up to $55,800.

At least if I wrote this bus off I could replace it, even a new Chinese or Korean SUV could come in well under that depending on extras. There has been a few NX's on car sales all around the $40k mark but one in particular caught my eye yesterday, a MY15 NX White for $45,990 plus on roads with 48k on the clock and only a nudge bar with light bar & only 2 months rego. With waiting times for new cars blowing out it's become a sellers market, almost a license to print money.
        All the gear and some idea.....
        MY15 NX GLS, AutoMate Pro, UltraGauge Mx1.4, Ironman Steel Bar, Kaon Intercooler & sump bashplates, Boos Rear bumper plate, KAON cargo barrier & shelf, Munji EGR delete cable, Provent catch can, Redarc BCDC 1220, 105a/Hr AGM 2nd battery, Snapshades (all rear glass) ........
        Leave only footsteps & take only photographs

Leave the tracks & camps in better condition then you found them

Comment

Slightly off topic, but recently I had a new windscreen fitted to my NW. Free replacement and all that. Now, I am wondering if indeed it will be free, or will I be paying for it come next renewal with increased insurance premiums? First claim in 21 years. Insurance is with GIO.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X