• Oh my gawd!

So whats happened here?

A clue....its a BA Ford.
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
    So whats happened here?

I would tend to so Oh F#^* when I see this situation.

Comment

So whats happened here?
      Warranty has expired?
      NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

Like snakes shed their skin, these are known to shed the lining of their coolling systems. There was a recall or special service noticve put out a few years back that addressed the "brown coolant problem".
        NS oil burner shorty

Comment

Ok here is the reason.
          http://www.motorsm.com/complaints/up...ay.asp?aid=717
          I was lucky as I knew about the problems, kept looking each week and showed up last week. Had the car for four weeks now so fixed under warranty, but had I not caught it in time the auto would have been cactus as well.
          Dave
          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

I was lucky as I knew about the problems, kept looking each week and showed up last week. Had the car for four weeks now so fixed under warranty, but had I not caught it in time the auto would have been cactus as well.
            Yes you were lucky by the sounds of it. Clever engineering though to have it fail outside the warranty.

As they say with Ford, at least they circled the problem.
            'No Princess' - NJ LWB - Modded 2.8TD

Comment

Hey Dave

Maybe Ford should change to red coolant.....then the 2 liquids could blend unnoticed.

Cheers Glenn
              NP Exceed 2005 3.2 diesel automatic , 100% stock standard except for the headlight globes

Comment

This is not supprising,my father runs a workshop and every second one that comes in has the same fault.Ford have had serious and continuing cooling system problems from EA to the present BF ( the introduction to alloy radiators made it worse ) with bad corrosion problems ( electrolysis )due to scale blocking up the system and welsh plugs rusting out prematurely.Ford Aust don`t seem to want to know about it.
                2007 NS VRX PAJERO Di-D , AUTO , FAMILY PACK , HD TOW PACK

Comment

They replace the radiator in my Ford XR6 under warranty and I did not even know there was a problem.
                  I have to say I have been really happy with the customer service and work done on the Ford. They picked up and replaced 3 items under warranty without me even know there was a problem, including having all 4 tyres replaced under warranty after they had done 40k km so I did not even have to replace any tyres till it had done 90,000km.
                  thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                  1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Well cost me $100 for a better radiator and trans cooler. Very common problem and well known in the industry. Apparently the BA model have brake issues as well.
                    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Pulsating brakes at the first sign of any relitively quick stop, or long hills where a bit of heat is generated - they had a fix for it though, diff pads apparently.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X