Seasons Greetings to all forum members

Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you come up with your forum name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaffles View Post
    been a few years since last post, thought why not.

I'm not really sure...

We drove for 3 hrs in the rain down the Wst Coast of NZ's Sth Island to have fish and chips in a quirky caravan with view of the ocean because Lynley Planet said it was a good day out.
    I quite like Jaffles but they are a thing of the past generally. I have a very good spot up where I live but council are anti tourist and community anti progress. So must have been around the time I was looking into a quirky cafe of my own.
    I think i also drove to the same fish & chip shack when i was there, but we had come across from Queenstown venturing North so not as far as you.

Guess what! It was closed as seasonal
    Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasonmc73 View Post
        Maybe looking back I liked Star Wars as a Kid, I probably should have chosen Skywalker or something as Forum name
        But is the "Force" strong in you young Jason?

OJ
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Originally posted by old Jack View Post

But is the "Force" strong in you young Jason?

OJ
          In 73 she might have been
          Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• Saw a cartoon in the paper several years back of a mouse with an angry face, thought at the time how absurd / funny it was.
            Couldn't use the name on another forum, a while back for some reason, so changed spelling to angree mouse.
            Brought it to this forum when I got the paj. : D

Mick
            Last edited by angree mouse; 1 week ago. Reason: Forgot to add first name at end.

Comment

• Because many many eons ago when we owned an early Gen 3 and joined the forum (circa 2003 maybe?) people tended to use their own names as a forum name. psproule was actually an old login name and it's just short for Patrick Sproule. Boring huh?
              2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
              2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• Stanley Edward Christian Southwood

StanleyEC should be available on every platform that I ever try. Fingers crossed. My OCD will not appreicate having to deviate from the status quo.

Great thread idea! Builds up the community.

Regards, Stan.

Comment

• Years ago at a former workplace there was an office that was known in some quarters as 'The Snake Pit'. It wasn't somewhere that you went by choice.
                  Their leader was affectionately? referred to as 'kingbrown' and everyone knew who you were referring to. Spoke with forked tongue, an ornery character who wasn't to be messed with.

I thought it was all rather quirky so I used the name when I joined the forum.
                  2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Back in my cycle touring, commuting and Audax days I always wore a red top for visibility.

At my age it wasn't uncommon for there to be another Bruce in the group so we would be distinguished as redbruce, giantbruce etc based on our clothing or bike.

I used to regularly cycle with my son to primary school and again I got called redbruce by teachers, etc to distinguish me from other Bruces that helped out with the ride to school program.

When I got my VFR800 motorbike many years ago and joined my first forum there was a bluebruce (he had a blue VFR). So given my history and a red VFR my forum name was obvious.

I've used it ever since on every forum I'm on.
                    MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries, Redarc BCDC, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, Boo's bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65R18, TPMS, Dobinson/Kings HD 45mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, TC mod, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator cooler bypass, KAON barrier, MM nudgebar, Fyrlyt Luxsis 5000. Stockman allroada pod trailer with ARB Simpson 3 RTT.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X