Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't we wave and acknowledge other Pajero owners on the road?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't we wave and acknowledge other Pajero owners on the road?

Why don't we wave and acknowledge other Pajero owners on the road?

I am feeling a bit sheepish as I missed an opportunity today. I came out of my reverie and saw a modded Paj driving past me (in the opposite direction) just as he was waving/ acknowledging me, and I was too late to respond.
    Now don't get me wrong, I am not aiming to wave like a *PAJERO* (insert Spanish translation here) at all and sundry, but an acknowledgement of like minded souls who make the educated decision to drive a Paj.

You can tell which vehicles are the ones that are set up for a particular task, touring, 4WDing and camping etc, and these are the ones I look at with interest to see what they have on board, and the ones I would acknowledge.
    Not the Chelsea tractors for school drop off's and shopping runs.
    I am not saying that I wouldn't acknowledge them either, oh heck, digging a hole here. No offence to meant to non modded Paj owners, it is a very capable vehicle.

When I ride with my mate in his Defender, there seems to be an unspoken courtesy to wave, nod, acknowledge other Defender owners, which is pretty cool.

So if it was a forum member that I didn't respond to in Stones Corner, Brissie today, I apologise.
    But it would be nice to have our own Paj like club to greet others on the road.
    In fact, I am going to start waving at all of you on the roads.
    So if you see a middle aged bald man, smiling like an idiot and waving like a *PAJERO* at you, it'll be me.
    Just wave back.
    NM Pajero Exceed DiD - RETIRED

2011 NT RX DiD Auto. - SOLD

Maybe its we all have our windows tinted so dark we cant see each other
    2013 NW GLX-R Factory Locker, TC mod,Dual Battery, 240V inverter, Anderson Plug, Fire Extinguisher. GME TX3500 UHF Radio, MM Alloy Bar, ORU 12000lb Winch,EGR mod, Fancy wheels, 33" Pirelli ATR Tyres, LRA Aux tank, Custom bash plates & Rock sliders, Ultra Gauge, ARB Compressor, LED Light bar, little mods around the cabin. Kings Std Ratecoils & Ultimate Shocks, Firestone HP airbags, Airteck Snorkel, Hema 6. Towing: Starcraft outback

Comment

When I visited Norfolk Island a few years back, everybody acknowledged each other when they passed. It was just a little raised finger (not middle haha) off the steering wheel and even me as a tourist got in the habit of doing it.

I think it is a great idea
      '02 NM GLX 3.2 DiD Manual
      Bullbar, 2'' Ultimate Suspension, Cooper AT3's, Spotties.

Comment

Too many soccer-mums?
        Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
        "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

Just go ouback and wave to everyone.

Honky

Comment

Far enough question.....As a former motorbike rider (now a responsible father, as my wife puts it) it is common practice to acknowledge ALL other bike riders, no matter whether it be a scooter or a bikie on a Harley......

Comment

Originally posted by Honky View Post
              Just go ouback and wave to everyone.

Honky
              It's rude not to.

Another note I got waved at out of the blue by another PJ driver (not even in QLD). I had to stop and give her a once over to make sure nothing was hanging off!
              No to waving.
              .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
              NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Having come from a Defender, the friendly waves will be missed!
                2013 MY14 Pajero GLX-R | 265/70R17 General Grabber AT2, ARB Deluxe Bar with Lightforce XGT HID's, 144w CREE Lightbar, Hayman Reese Towpack, TJM Dual Battery Tray, Traxide USI-160, Engel 42L, Alinco DR-620 VHF/UHF|

2012 MY12 Triton GLX | 245/75R16 Mickey Thompson STZ, ARB Deluxe Bar with Brush bar/side step combo and IPF Spotties, Steel Tray, Mitsubishi Towpack, Safari Snorkel, GME 80ch UHF |

The above post is my own personal view and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by treads View Post
                  Having come from a Defender, the friendly waves will be missed!
                  Waves of reassurance mate.
                  .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                  NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Hi,

Got a couple of beeps from other Paj owners on our trip down here to Ballarat.

Of course the vanners all wave when they pass, no matter what car they drive.

Lots of new Pajs on the road and towing caravans.

Nice to have the beeps - a little Paj club on the highway!

Cheers
                    Sally
                    SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

Since most of us don't have the sun stripon the wndscreen, how about a nice forum sticker for the area?
                      Would not only show you bush but also shows others they have to get here, register and buy sticker for their car too
                      '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....
                      Password for all my files: downunder

Comment

Originally posted by coconut-rough View Post
                        When I ride with my mate in his Defender, there seems to be an unspoken courtesy to wave, nod, acknowledge other Defender owners, which is pretty cool.
                        Defenders never sold in huge numbers, and to see two running at the same time deserves a wave

Problem with waving in Paj is there are too many of them.
                        Pajero NS R SWB 2008, DiD, black, nudge bar, tow bar, TowPro, tint, Bush Skinz bash plates & sliders, Lovells springs, Bilstein shocks, Lightforce XGT spotties, snorkel, UHF, Redarc isolator, SPV mod.

Comment

When I had the Range Rovers it was common to wave at all other Rangies. It was like an unwritten law. Even when we got the Challenger I still waved out of habit, just got blank stares back.
                          SOLD MY11 PB LS Challenger Manual,

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.

Comment

On the trip to the cape this year, it was common to wave, raise the finger off the steering wheel (not the middle one) to acknowledge all other drivers. This was very prominent from the start of the PDR up to the top and back. The locals up there were not so friendly tho! I found myself still waving till I got back towards Cairns then everyone just ignores everyone else on the road.

I do like the idea of acknowledging other Paj drivers and normally do this a general rule.
                            08 NS 25th Anniversary Limited Edition DID Auto, MM TBar, TJM T13 Bar, Airtec Snorkel, Redarc Dual battery, ORU 12000lb rope winch, Bushskinz Full Bash Plate set, Uniden UHF, Narva 175 spots, HD(F) & SD(R) Lovells, Bilsteins, Dynapro ATs, Diff and trans breathers, Poly Airs, Ridge Rider Awning, Eagle Camper Trailer, Engel 40 lt, Waeco CF110

Comment

Recently was on the way to Hyden WA (Wave Rock) and was passing through a town that had signage stating that the town was a "wave" town and to wave at all other motorists, pedestrians, dogs, cats, birds, roadkill etc (think it might have been Lake Grace).

Well if I didn't try to get in the spirit by raising most of one of my hands off the steering wheel for all vehicles passed even the 2WD variety... nothin' at all. Not even from the council workers.

In contrast to this, for our trip north to Ningaloo, quite the number of acknowledgement responses from other fourbys if they hadn't waved first. Except if my wife was driving, which she claims to not notice until too late, you would feel shunned by her cold stare down the long highway.

It got to the point that you wouldn't get a wave unless worthy, ie stacked with a heap of shit on the roof.
                              NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X