Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to adjust garage Roller Door height??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to adjust garage Roller Door height??

Anybody out there in the garage roller door game, or know how to adjust (increase) the height of the door opening??
    In a week or so time I will be installing a Bilsein/Lovell HD 2" lift on my Pajero. If it lifted just the 2" (50mm) I might just?? scrape in under my garage roller door with my roof-racks on. But as I've read countless times on this forum, the rear usually increases in height up to 75mm, which will bugger me from getting my garage. So, I guess it could be a common problem? Surely I'm not the only one with a "low" garage door opening.
    Luckily I have my awning mounted on the lower side of my roof-rack.
    Here's a couple of photos showing my situation.
    20131122_102644.jpg
    In this photo above, I have a matchbox (about 35mm) sitting on top of my roof-rack. As you can see, not much clearance.
    On the RHS of the photo you can see also I have about 4" before the door hits the positive stop, which is a piece of flat bar welded to the side track, as a safety stop.
    20131122_103938.jpg
    In this photo I have dis-connected the motor drive on the door, and pushed the door up onto the safety stop.
    What I want to know is, how to I adjust the door opening height with the electric motor engaged, so I can get another couple of inches and not have the door bang into the positive stop either??
    Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
    Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

You will be able to set the height. There should be some buttons on the controller? Check the brand and do a google search to find the instructions or contact the company, it is about setting the open and close limits, the reason I know, just did it with my panel lift door to raise it about 60mm... Easy...
    2011 Pajero RX2, white, auto diesel, genuine towbar, electronic rust proofing, brake controller, mats throughout, neoprene seat covers, tinted front windows, headlight and bonnet protectors, dual battery, Redarc with anderson plug and heavy duty fridge socket etc etc but I want more...

Towing - 2013 Coromal Magnum Transforma Poptop

To do list - bullbar, spotlights, polyair airbags or suspension ??? (still to decide), airtec snorkel...

Comment

Thanks!! It's a Gliderol door, I'll check it out a bit later on. I was looking for a limit switch or something??
      Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

Depending on the motor drive on some units you can turn the motor on the bracket this allows you to fine tune the distance the door goes up.

There is also a good chance the door spring need a little more tension

Comment

When you work it out Tony can you let us know! I have a gliderol and am jealous of your clearance! lol i have about 3mm clearance and that drops to about 1mm on an empty tank!
          | 2010 NT Pajero GLS Manual DiD |

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
          | Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
          | Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
          | GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Purchased But Still To Fit - | MMA Spare Wheel Lift |

Comment

on ours the adjustment is in the drive unit, and as stated they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and often are a completely different company to the door manufacturer, so need to know who made the drive unit.
            Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
            Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

Originally posted by MoreliaMatt View Post
              When you work it out Tony can you let us know! I have a gliderol and am jealous of your clearance! lol i have about 3mm clearance and that drops to about 1mm on an empty tank!
              Funny Matt, that's feeler gauge territory. Lucky for the flexible rubber strip on the bottom of the door.
              As Jenko67 said, I checked the gliderol website. See link below.....

http://www.gliderol.com.au/setting-door-travel-limits/

Download the first PDF instruction file. Seems easy enough, just rotate a cam?

Or read this if you can?
              Last edited by Silver Streak; 22-11-13, 05:38 PM.
              Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

Comment

Probably easier to just let the tyres down each time you enter/exit the garage.
                see ya when the mud dries

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Streak View Post
                  Funny Matt, that's feeler gauge territory. Lucky for the flexible rubber strip on the bottom of the door.
                  As Jenko67 said, I checked the gliderol website. See link below.....

http://www.gliderol.com.au/setting-door-travel-limits/

Download the first PDF instruction file. Seems easy enough, just rotate a cam?

Or read this if you can?
                  Thanks, might have a crack tomorrow morning....
                  | 2010 NT Pajero GLS Manual DiD |

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
                  | Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
                  | Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
                  | GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Purchased But Still To Fit - | MMA Spare Wheel Lift |

Comment

Yaaay!! I now have plenty of room to get under my garage roller door for next week when I do the 2" suspension lift. Now have a full 4" (100mm) above my roof rack. Happy with the outcome.
                    The job WAS fairly easy, just need a medium sized phillips-head screwdriver, for the 3 cover screws and the 3 cam screws.
                    It took me about 10 minutes max. The only reason it took me that long was, I moved the the cam a little too far (doesn't need much) and the door was hitting the top positive stop bar. So I backed it off a fraction.
                    You might not be as lucky as I was, as you may not have any height adjustment left. I notice my other door was setup better, as it was set to almost maximum height, only about 5mm off the top positive stop.

A full 4" (100mm) gap now, between bottom of the door and the top of my roof rack.
                    20131123_115114.jpg

Now only about only about 5mm between the door and the top stop.
                    20131123_115247.jpg
                    Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

Comment

Hey thats Great Tony, my problem is not clearance with my RD but Sensitivity of the Safety Switch which Automatically Raises the RD if it hits the roof of the car or bike etc. I can't work out how to Adjust it so its Not so Sensitive?
                      NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

That's strange Hobbo? I thought you'd want it sensitive, rather than the door coming down onto your roof or bonnet, while closing the RD? Although the idea is not to close your door while anything is still in the doorway?
                        Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

Comment

Sorry I didn't get to explain the problem properly, when my door goes down it can hit a tight spot in the tracks or something else but then it begins to raise again, after doing this more often I've disconected the Remote and use the door manually. I like to use the Remote when entering the driveway and exiting when its raining etc.
                          NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

Hobbo I think if you increase the down travel/close limit a little it may help, just need to check that the safety mechism is still working afterward doing it.

I did this today on a OL4 controller at home, I just needed to rotate the close limit screw clowise about a 1/4 of a turn for my situation.
                            NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbo View Post
                              Sorry I didn't get to explain the problem properly, when my door goes down it can hit a tight spot in the tracks or something else but then it begins to raise again, after doing this more often I've disconected the Remote and use the door manually. I like to use the Remote when entering the driveway and exiting when its raining etc.
                              That's a pain Hobbo, you not being able to open and close your door with the remote. I have a fairly steep (downward facing) driveway and it's a chore to have to get out and open/close the garage door.
                              Can you feel a tight spot in the door track when you open and close manually? I know they say, don't lubricate the track, but maybe a little silicone spray may help, if that in fact is your problem. If not, I seen a van the other day with "The roller door doctor" written on it. lol. It maybe a simple problem.
                              Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X