Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will be out of action for a while in hospital

Hi folks

Just in case anyone wonders during the next week why I haven’t been annoying people on here, I am going into hospital early tomorrow morning for a knee replacement. From all reports it will keep me quiet for a day or two – actually I’m supposed to come home on Thursday. The knee has been playing up for a long time – bone on bone the doc said. They make you go off the anti-inflammatories for a week before the op and I hadn’t realised how effective they were. I went to the supermarket with my son this afternoon and he almost had to carry me back to the car !!

Anyway, hopefully I’ll be back on here in a week or so. I’ve finished installing the workshop hoist but haven’t actually had a vehicle on it yet – that’s another story and I’ll fill in that thread later.

Cheers for now,

Geoff
    03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Hope all goes well for you.
    NP did, auto, mags, aux tank, bullbar, hid spots, leds, uhf, engine watchdog, safari chip, anderson plug, fridge socket, gps, snorkel, airbags, sidesteps, dual batteries, hr towbar, brake controller, torque convertor lockup switch, slotted discs, stainless braided brake hoses, led rev lights.

Comment

Good luck, Geoff. Look forward to your war stories when it's all over.
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Good luck with the op and take it easy dont want to rush things and end up doing an injury.
        Cheers,
        Andrew.
        Cheers,
        Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
        Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

Good luck you will go stir crazy keep the internet close .magazine .dvd . .i know because i just had ankle fused and been in cast for 3 months couldnt walk drive and now got to wear moon boot for 6 weeks then or good no pain ..and Again good luck regards john

Comment

Had a few friends with same issue and another friend recently who had reconstruction and ligament re alignment because of her knee constantly popping out of wack.
            None of them enjoyed the op, but all were glad they got it over and done with.

Best of luck mate
            97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
            97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Good luck with the op Geoff, hope it goes smoothly mate.
              Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

Geoff, just take it slow and let it heal itself when you get home.
                You worry about that bit, and let the Docs worry about the surgery stuff.
                Don't offer to help in there
                2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
                2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

Dear Ghendo,

I whish you very good luck with the knee replacement.
                  I know good revalidation is very important, even with some pain.
                  During the first days you can win the most. Have good pain killers and go with it !

Take care.
                  A.
                  Pajero 2006, 3.2 Did LWB. Tuned, Blocked EGR, Dual battery system, roof tent, Old Man Emu suspension, aluminium skid plates, 22 inch LED light bar. Iceland, Norway, Balkan, North Africa ...
                  Some 480.000 km.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I've been told the first few days are the worst - they get you walking the day after the operation Anyway, surgeon is supposed to be the "top dog" and it is a good hospital, so I'm not too worried. Anaesthetist said he'd going to give me a needle in the groin - not looking forward to that bit !!

Better get to bed - got to be up early.

Cheers

Geoff
                    03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

At the Hospital where I work we get you up the same day while you still have the top self pain killers on board from the OP. They will probably put in a PCA and a pain buster. The PCA is the one you control with a button, very good but if you try to use it to often it will lock you out and not let you get any juice when you press it. The pain buster is a thin tube put into the knee delivering meds directly to the affected area all the time. Best advice I can give you would be to listen to the nurses and if you feel you are in pain let them know early as they may need to get a Dr to write up extra meds and it can take a while to get a Dr to the ward and by that time you may be in a whole world of pain. Good luck mate.
                      NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

Although unknown to me, I wish you the best and a fast recovery!
                        There will be a lot of pain, but I hope the meds are good and working.
                        Just take it slow and easy, don't rush things after the OP!
                        '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....
                        Password for all my files: downunder

Comment

My 80 year old mother had it done about 6 weeks ag, up and walking on crutches within 12 hours, threw away crutches after 4 weeks, reckons it is best thing she has done in years so good luck with it and wait to hear from you when you are back.
                          Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
                          Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

Hope all goes well mate and wish you a speedy recovery.
                            02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/michealmannion?feature=mhee

Comment

All the best mate. Hope you're up and about soon.
                              This a wear and tear thing or a pre-existing injury?
                              .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                              NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X