quit smoking and ecigs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quit smoking and ecigs.

Hopefully this thread does not end up like the last smoking thread. If we can please keep it on track it would be appreciated.

Has anyone used or are using ecigs to quit smoking? Me and the misses have been on them for almost four weeks. And I have to say it has been very easy compared to using other NRT options we have tried. No cravings, havnt bitten each others heads of and the kids are still alive..
    We are using juice that has nicotine in it but are planning on reducing that to zero mg as time goes by.
    Not having the other 4000 chemicals with 70 of them known carciogenic, the ecig juice has got to be a better option.

So has anyone used them or considering using them?

I agree mate, definitely better then the cancer sticks.
    I've used them before and was quite impressed with how much better they are now compared to 5-6yr ago.
    My brother bought this large stainless steel lcd screen contraption that has a glass jar ontop, buy the nicotine in a little sealed jar in various flavours plus have the option of strength on the contraption he uses.
    Basically it's a rechargeable ecig with a glass jar ontop(small jar, about the size of a film capsule) and replaceable heater elements. This thing is by far the best I have tried but it's not something you would take out in public lol
    I'll find out the name of it from him, I know it cost him around $80 to get started with fluid, and then $40 a month in nicotine fluid(he used to suck down a pack of longbeach 40's a day, down to half a pack average and sometimes only half a dozen on his day offs).
    97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
    97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

A guy at work uses one, seen him today after a few weeks and he's still using the ecig I told him he's hooked on them and he says "No but I still smoke normal one's" I said now your stuck on both.
      I have been thinking about them lately but was worried what is in the juice and will it harm me, will be good to hear from others.
      Just think how much money I could spend on the Paj with the savings.
      Rick
      Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
      New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

I tried a while back with an Ego-T, didn't really like it much, but I think that was mainly due to the juice I had at the time. Might have to give it another go soon, I go through a 50gram pack of Drum Rollie's every two days, really starting to feel the effects of it now after 35+ years of being a smoker.

I'd be saving around $140 a week or $7280 a year! There's some nice Paj accessories in that!
        2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
        3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

Guy I know uses one all the time. No intention of quitting just loves the freedom (can puff on this thing anywhere)(and the bonus of it being less harmful. Think he has coffee flavored stuff. Well that's what it smells like to me.
          Not offensive at all.
          Looks like a pen with a glass canister for the juice.
          Apparently they are going to ban the sale of the juice.
          God knows why.
          .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
          NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
            I tried a while back with an Ego-T, didn't really like it much, but I think that was mainly due to the juice I had at the time. Might have to give it another go soon, I go through a 50gram pack of Drum Rollie's every two days, really starting to feel the effects of it now after 35+ years of being a smoker.

I'd be saving around $140 a week or $7280 a year! There's some nice Paj accessories in that!
            That alone should be enough incentive to give up the weed.

Cold turkey is the only way to go. Whats that blokes name...Will Power, that's him. That's what I did. Smoked 20 a day for seven years.

'Hmm, what could I do with $7,280 a year........................

Comment

Have tried them and didn't like them. As well, how does one get rid of the nicotine habit with them. I'm now on Champix tablets and have gone from 30/40 per day to3 per day. Feel a bit crook at the moment on them but they work well after just 2 weeks. Bob
              98 NL GLS 3500. Now with a Bocar bullbar and 265/75/16 tyres. Waiting for a snorkel and UHF.
              Now with 7" HID

Forget the health food, I need all the preservatives I can get. Alcohol is a preservative isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                Apparently they are going to ban the sale of the juice.
                God knows why.
                I bet some idiot tried to drink it. "Erggg sweet sweet nicotine!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by scruffy View Post
                  Have tried them and didn't like them. As well, how does one get rid of the nicotine habit with them. I'm now on Champix tablets and have gone from 30/40 per day to3 per day. Feel a bit crook at the moment on them but they work well after just 2 weeks. Bob
                  How are you finding the crazy pills (Champix)??

I havent ever had them but have known 3 people who have and they all went nuts! lol Crazy mood swings etc etc... As soon as they stopped them they all went back to normal! lol
                  | 2010 NT Pajero GLS Manual DiD |

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
                  | Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
                  | Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
                  | GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Purchased But Still To Fit - | MMA Spare Wheel Lift |

Comment

"The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr helped me 7years ago.
                    For sale from September:NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Auto \ Bushskinz intercooler+sump\ Dobinsons Raised + KYB Scorched4

Comment

Originally posted by MoreliaMatt View Post

I havent ever had them but have known 3 people who have and they all went nuts! lol Crazy mood swings etc etc... As soon as they stopped them they all went back to normal! lol
                      I tried them and they sent me crazy very bad paranoia.
                      Rick
                      Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
                      New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

Originally posted by my.paj View Post
                        I tried them and they sent me crazy very bad paranoia.
                        Rick
                        Ditto, for me and the wife 4 years ago.

We are both off the cigarettes again, now for 14 days today, and feel great. Still don't know what to do with ourselves (something only a smoker would understand!!!!).

We have also tried the E-Cigs, and found they just didn't work for us.

Rather than post publically what we are doing now (as neither of us need to be told that it won't work), I'll just say that we are feeling confident.

Happy to discuss via PM, with anyone who is interested, just don't need "knockers" at this stage.
                        Last edited by Sabre; 28-11-13, 01:15 PM.

Comment

I used Champix, had very intense dreams and no other problems. They worked for me and with the help of that other guy (Will Power ) I have been off the smokes for four months now(Yippee). I still get cravings, but they only last for a couple of seconds. Sabre, just hang in there, you are the Boss, not those little gremlins in your mind telling you to smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by MoreliaMatt View Post

This time around they are making me feel a bit dizzy[ only lasted for about a week] and now feel a slight upset in the tummy. The slight tummy upset is worse if I have a smoke and ok if I don't have a smoke. Not really feeling like a smoke either, so win win for me. This is the third time on Champix and the LAST time. Bob
                            98 NL GLS 3500. Now with a Bocar bullbar and 265/75/16 tyres. Waiting for a snorkel and UHF.
                            Now with 7" HID

Forget the health food, I need all the preservatives I can get. Alcohol is a preservative isnt it?

Comment

try and stay Positive and just think about this; you wern,t born with a fag in your mouth so why have one in there now.
                              i smoked cigs for 35 years and i was a fairly heavy smoker going through 1 packet of 40,s per day and then went onto the rollies and smoked approx 2 packets per week [ $70 ] the price didn,t bother me atall by the way, it was just the habbit i was caught up with.
                              now one day i had this enouying cough and a bloody cold at the same time so i went to the doctor and he gave me some anti biotics for the cold / flu virus i had , this corse of anti biots lasted for 10 days and during those 10 days i did not want to have a cigi due to the coughing fits i was having every now and then so i just said to myself , bugger the cigi i will hang on until the 10 days is up. now guess what happend after the 10 days on anti biots ?
                              i did not feel like having a cigi cause i thought my cough would come back and that would really peeve me right off so i didn,t and i still have not toughed a cigi in over 2 years. yes no helping aids etc etc and still had the beers and still having the beer and NOT the cigs to date.
                              NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X