X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a Paj but a lucky escape

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226771400226

And lucky no one was in the back
    2007 NS VRX Cool Siver, Mitsu Alloy BB with spotties, MM towbar, Family Pack, ARB Awning, Duel battery with Optima yellow top starter, Bushskinz intercooler and sump combo, 2" lift with Bilstein shocks and HD Lovels, Ultragauge (Sold 2014)

he was very lucky. its not that bad a road if you are doing the speed limit

Comment

Very lucky to get out of that without injuries. Agree that road is OK to drive if you take care. Used to live up the other side at Berrilee. Ferry was always fun.

Another one with steep hairpins is Galston Gorge.
      2007 NS R shortie, smartbar, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guard, Bridgestone AT Duelers

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen3 View Post
        he was very lucky. its not that bad a road if you are doing the speed limit
        Yeah, that doesn't happen if you're doing 10Km/h round those hairpins!
        If I was able to negotiate a Toyota Coaster bus around those bends on a wet drizzly day with on-coming traffic, then what's so hard about keeping a Prada on the bitumen?
        Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
        "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

Let's just keep in mind that the Prado left the road, but that does not necessarily mean that the Prado driver was at fault.
          2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
          2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

I used this road many many years ago normally towing a boat, a shortcut from the western surburbs to the Sydney - Newcastle freeway.
            Even in the 80's this road has taken many a unwary driver, the issue is slow down and hopefully all will be good.
            Motorbikes loved this bit of road and it was not uncommon to come across them hooning.
            NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              Let's just keep in mind that the Prado left the road, but that does not necessarily mean that the Prado driver was at fault.
              Even if he wasn't at fault, it does prove that the Proda driver wasn't driving defensively (not anticipating trouble)!
              Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
              "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

I'm willing to bet there wouldn't be as much cabin intrusion if he had a cargo barrier, plus it would limit the amount of items flying around inside on a drop like that!
                2013 MY14 Pajero GLX-R | 265/70R17 General Grabber AT2, ARB Deluxe Bar with Lightforce XGT HID's, 144w CREE Lightbar, Hayman Reese Towpack, TJM Dual Battery Tray, Traxide USI-160, Engel 42L, Alinco DR-620 VHF/UHF|

2012 MY12 Triton GLX | 245/75R16 Mickey Thompson STZ, ARB Deluxe Bar with Brush bar/side step combo and IPF Spotties, Steel Tray, Mitsubishi Towpack, Safari Snorkel, GME 80ch UHF |

The above post is my own personal view and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  Hi Lance,
                  Yep. Definitely the Prado at fault for leaving the road. News report states it happened at 9pm. So Prado driver had the added warning of another vehicle approaching due to headlights. If indeed there was another vehicle. With a large, bright white, reinforced bullbar up front it's more the wonder the "other" vehicle didn't run off the road to avoid the threat.
                  99 NL Escape 3.5L V6 LWB Wagon, "Aisin Auto", MM Alum Protector Bar, MM factory 'steel' underbody protector plates, Engine oil cooler, Transmission oil cooler, Side rails, Flares, MM Alloy wheels, HANKOOK Dynapro ATM LT tyres, Aftermarket Alarm, MM A.I.S. HPR15 Penrite engine oil. Penrite LS140 diff oil with 250ml LIMSLIP additive 7098.

Comment

Typical Toyota driver, thinks I it can go anywhere.
                    2000 NM Pajero GLS, ECB Bullbar, Sidesteps, Spotties, Goodyear Wranglers, Pro Rack Racks, Ebay Snorkel, K & N Air Filter, ebay awning, ebay bash plates, extractors with 2 & 1/2 system, uhf (to be fitted)

Comment

I cant get the link to work
                      And Ease up on the tojo,
                      Regards Peter
                      used to be nl 1999 auto,3.5lt petrol.
                      now 1994 80 series cruiser diesel wagon
                      bull bar side steps, mags,dual batt system,2 waecos 35lt,40lt h/reese towbar,103amp agm batt, 500w inverter. narva spotties, uniden uh7700nb uhf 40 ch narrow band, 2.5kva inverter generator
                      SKYPE NAME possum.58

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X