• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dakar

Found this link on a gum tree advert.

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/m...of_desert.html
    bigbaddave12.
    NW MY12 Platinum Pajero, ARB Bullbar, Greatwhites 18 Led Light Bar, Sandgrabba Mats, Wetseat Covers, Full EGR Block, Airtec Snorkel, Plus more when the money tree grows it's leaves back!

cool
    NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
    Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbaddave12 View Post
      Found this link on a gum tree advert.
      http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/m...of_desert.html
      Thanks Bigbaddave. Will be keeping this for the memories when I cease 4wding. Have seen a Toyota Landcruiser with "King of the Road" on the rear. Time for the Pajero to wear "King of the Desert" tag! Never will we see a Prado able to list a lineage like the Pajero. Good posting. Cheers.
      99 NL Escape 3.5L V6 LWB Wagon, "Aisin Auto", MM Alum Protector Bar, MM factory 'steel' underbody protector plates, Engine oil cooler, Transmission oil cooler, Side rails, Flares, MM Alloy wheels, HANKOOK Dynapro ATM LT tyres, Aftermarket Alarm, MM A.I.S. HPR15 Penrite engine oil. Penrite LS140 diff oil with 250ml LIMSLIP additive 7098.

Comment

Agree Mits should have come up with that years ago.. (Sticker that is)

"King of the Desert" yep I'd proudly put 1 on the back of my Paj
        VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
        NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

Lance from the forum and I came up with these, back in 2011..
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Phil; 03-12-13, 11:42 AM.
          MY05 NP DiD Auto Platinum. Custom scratches. ARB bar & 12000lbs winch. Maxxis Bighorns. BushSkinz Bash plates & slidders. TJM auto guard. Gear box, trans & diff breathers. Rhino racks & Pod. Awning with LED. Dual batteries. HID Narva 225's. Airtec snorkel. 2" Lovell/Bilstein lift. GME TX3500. Wetseat covers. Pioneer BT deck. Cargo barrier. Beaudesert exhaust. Rear storage & CF80. ARB onboard air. NS 18s for the black top, 80L LRA tank. HPD Catch Can. HPD Intercooler.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil View Post
            Lance from the forum and I came up with these, back in 2011..
            Gee, there is enough space on there to put Prado NIL.
            99 NL Escape 3.5L V6 LWB Wagon, "Aisin Auto", MM Alum Protector Bar, MM factory 'steel' underbody protector plates, Engine oil cooler, Transmission oil cooler, Side rails, Flares, MM Alloy wheels, HANKOOK Dynapro ATM LT tyres, Aftermarket Alarm, MM A.I.S. HPR15 Penrite engine oil. Penrite LS140 diff oil with 250ml LIMSLIP additive 7098.

Comment

I had the rare chance to see one of these Dakar models up close a few years ago (actually thinking about it, quite a few years now...).
              Apart from the shape they have not much in common with our standard Pajero's.
              From the short glimpse I could get before they told me off basically the whole suspension system is heavily modified and the body lift spacers seemed to be made of rubber.
              All air intakes are diverted to the inside of the car to further eliminate dust clogging the air filter(s).
              They refused to show the engine but by the sound of it I would say they put an Evo engine it it...

Having said that I have to admit I never ordered one of the public forum stickers....
              You might wonder why as I'm quite active here for some time now.
              Well, I just think this forum needs more than a tiny sticker somewhere in the corner of a window....
              I see quite a few 4WD's on the roads, but really not so many Pajeros that look like they actually go off road.
              Turak traktors and delivery "van's" for the school runs, but properly set-up Pajero's, with a few dints and scratches?? Very rare indeed...
              I really think it is time for a full size sticker that can be put on the back of the car and another one as a sun screen for the windscreen.
              After all, we are sort of a dying breed here and there are just too many Pajero's on the road that don't have a forum sticker
              '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....
              Password for all my files: downunder

Comment

Originally posted by Downunder35m View Post
                I had the rare chance to see one of these Dakar models up close a few years ago (actually thinking about it, quite a few years now...).
                From the short glimpse I could get before they told me off basically the whole suspension system is heavily modified and the body lift spacers seemed to be made of rubber.
                All air intakes are diverted to the inside of the car to further eliminate dust clogging the air filter(s).
                They refused to show the engine but by the sound of it I would say they put an Evo engine it it...

Having said that I have to admit I never ordered one of the public forum stickers....
                You might wonder why as I'm quite active here for some time now.
                Well, I just think this forum needs more than a tiny sticker somewhere in the corner of a window....
                I see quite a few 4WD's on the roads, but really not so many Pajeros that look like they actually go off road.
                Turak traktors and delivery "van's" for the school runs, but properly set-up Pajero's, with a few dints and scratches?? Very rare indeed...
                I really think it is time for a full size sticker that can be put on the back of the car and another one as a sun screen for the windscreen.
                After all, we are sort of a dying breed here and there are just too many Pajero's on the road that don't have a forum sticker
                +1 totally agree. however if the Paj had better support from the likes of ARB/TJM I dare say more would be used offroad.
                2010 NT GLS, ARB Deluxe winch bar, GME TX3540 UHF, TJM battery tray, DBA T3 Disc's, Front & Rear Harop E-Lokers, AAA rear draw system, Anderson connector for AUX power, kumho mt51 265 / 70 / R 17, Bushskinz sliders and Intercooler/Sump/Transmition/Transfer case Bash Plates, Bilstein/Dobinson combo, 2x2m austrack-deluxe-vehicle-awning, Airtec Snorkel, Wetseat Covers front /rear + centre console cover, SPV EGR MOD Mk3.

Comment

Not really as too many people I have spoken to told me they don't like the limitations of the indepent from suspension.
                  Seem everyone want to have huge lift kits, although it is getting hard to it right now that engeneering certificates are needed.
                  I think when it comes down to value for money the Paj will always win and so far I never had real troubles with my "low rider"
                  '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....
                  Password for all my files: downunder

Comment

Originally posted by Downunder35m View Post
                    They refused to show the engine but by the sound of it I would say they put an Evo engine it it...........
                    I recall reading that when the Pajero first entered the Dakar race it was indeed straight off the road. Before EVO I suspect. That's what really impressed me! Technology caught up to all entrants after that.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X