Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best time of year to buy?

Hey all,

Hoping to upgrade this year. 90% sure it will be a new/near new paj (NW or perhaps late NT if the right one comes up second hand). Just wondering in terms of ex-demo cars what the best time of year is to shop for em? Most likely will end up going down this route. I tried to follow what happened this year but it seemed like every time I turned around there were sales and deals going on.

Presumably best time to buy ex-demo is just before/just after the next model rolls in?

Do you think most ex-demos will have been flogged to the point of causing problems down the track or are they pretty safe? Anything in particular to look for specific to ex-demos?

Cheers in advance.
    MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
    Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

We bought the wife a new Rav4 back in January 2011, we started shopping between Christmas and New Year and found that they wanted all the 2010 plated cars gone by the end of January 2011...

So we got some good haggling done in the first week of 2011 and signed on the dotted line for a 2010 plated car.

To me it seems that is a good time to get a car if you don't mind the manufacture date being the year before...

Or else ive heard good things about the financial year end and wanting to get sales up by 30 June....

Sorry i cant comment on Ex-Demo....?
    | 2010 NT Pajero GLS Manual DiD |

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
    | Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
    | Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
    | GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Purchased But Still To Fit - | MMA Spare Wheel Lift |

Comment

Ex-Demos would have to be one of the most checked and tested New vehicles you could buy, I would buy one as long as I got The Right Deal.
      NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

You doing it this year or do you mean within the next year ?
        Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
        New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

Cheers guys, might aim for midyear if I can hold out that long then

Originally posted by my.paj View Post
          You doing it this year or do you mean within the next year ?
          every time rofl
          MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
          Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

I remember the last time we spoke and you said "this year" at least I know what you mean lol.
            Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
            New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

Originally posted by hobbo View Post
              Ex-Demos would have to be one of the most checked and tested New vehicles you could buy, I would buy one as long as I got The Right Deal.
              Hobbo, can't agree with this mate.

Knew someone who was sold a Dealer Principles wife's demo Beemer - you know the one, the car only driven on Sundays to the shop with one female owner jobbie....new owner later found it it was the car used in the Wheels mag Bang for your Buck Test. Demo's are driven mostly by dealer staff and they flog em from brand new.

Would never buy a demo ever- when down to loose change there is bugger all between a new car and a demo anyway.

As for the best time of year it is generally Dec/Jan but ALWAYS towards the end of the month as long as you are prepared to take delivery that month or you allow the stealer to log your car as a sale ( it means your warranty will start from that point rather than when the car is rego'd or picked up).

Other factors include where the car is in it's life cycle (reference the discounting on current Tritons or Luxs) when new models are close or stock situation of dealer/manufacturer.

I also always start shopping at the furtherest dealer so I then buy locally if they are keen....usually a better service relationship.

Have fun!

Matt
              2010 LS 7 Seater. 2" Ultimate upgrade. TJM winch bar & bash plates. TJM dual battery & Airtec snorkel. K&N airfilter. Mitsubishi roof racks with Tigerz11 3.0x2.5 awning. Uniden 7760 CB.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X