X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4 swap meet. August 12th

4x4 SWAP MEET & MEMORABILIA AUCTION ? AUGUST 12th

Greetings from CITYWEST 4x4 club.

We?re writing to advise you that CITYWEST is organising a huge 4x4 swap meet and charity auction. This is NOT a fundraiser for our club, but a special benefit for the family of one of our members who lost his battle with cancer in the early hours of this morning (Tues. 24th). Geoff Lake leaves behind a grieving family. When CITYWEST learned the Geoff was in serious trouble we rallied around to raise money for him and his wife Judy who have been left destitute in the wake of horrendous chemotherapy and associated medical costs. His chemotherapy cost $1500 per two-shot treatment ? and this was neither covered by his medical insurance or the national Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme. The cruel irony is that if Geoff had been a woman with breast cancer ? he would have been fully covered under the PBS scheme. It is exactly the same drug that is used. This is so wrong.

Geoff used up all his sick leave, annual leave, and superannuation trying to get well. In the end, as I said, he lost the battle after a courageous fight. The CITYWEST 4x4 Club is now united behind the family and we are proceeding with our 4X4 Swap Meet-Memorabilia Auction to attempt to raise at least $15,000 so that Judy can pay outstanding bills and not lose the house.

We are asking all clubs to help us achieve this for Geoff?s family. Here?s how you can assist.

Please read and distribute the attached flyer to everyone you can who you feel might be interested ? we?re aiming to get at least 2,000 people to the event.
    Book a stall or a car boot space for the 4x4 Swap Meet these are very reasonably priced ? see our website for more information (http://www.citywest4x4club.org.au/).
    Just come to buy heaps of 4x4 equipment and products ? there?s plenty of bargains and giveaways
    Attend the auction at 1:30 PM ? we have heaps to auction off including genuinely autographed sporting memorabilia, a mini-bike (new), Yamaha generator (new), portable fridges (new) ? and much, much more (wine packs, 4x4 equipment, radios ? heaps of stuff at great starting prices)
    You are welcome to put up a club display for just $25, or your business ? and sell your stuff there.
    You may wish to make a donation of cash for Geoff?s family, or donate an item suitable for auction ? please let me know if you can.

We want to help a grieving family who now face serious financial difficulties and a greatly changed reality. I would be more than happy to speak with you if you need further clarification on the day. All proceeds for this big event we are holding are going to the family ? it is not a club fundraiser, as I?ve said. More details are on the flyer attached. I would be most grateful if you would distribute this to everyone on your lists. The venue us terrific at Mt Cottrell and we?ll be featuring the following on the day ?

Huge Auction at 1:30 PM
    Ateco challenge ramp ? competition
    Gate prizes
    Free bouncy castle for the kids
    Heaps of food and drinks

Yours faithfully

Milton Oliver (President: CITYWEST 4X4 Club Inc.)
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Matched content

Collapse
Working...
X