Firefighting Arnhem Land style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefighting Arnhem Land style

Last edited by supazuk; 20-09-14, 09:01 PM.
    2014 PC Challenger, TJM winch bar, RUNVA 9500 winch, MMA tow bar, $0.09 EGR resister mod, 114L fuel tank, narva 225 HID driving lights, scan gauge 2, uniden UHF, TAIT VHF, TJM battery tray, bush skins , dobinsons lift and plenty more to still do

Now I've seen everything. But wouldn't it be better to tow 2 buffaloes at once?
    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Those buffalo would be nice and tender after getting dragged around all day
      Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Haha my work mate said he tried a bit and it was pretty bad. Apparently there was 10 cars towing buffs in a line.
        2014 PC Challenger, TJM winch bar, RUNVA 9500 winch, MMA tow bar, $0.09 EGR resister mod, 114L fuel tank, narva 225 HID driving lights, scan gauge 2, uniden UHF, TAIT VHF, TJM battery tray, bush skins , dobinsons lift and plenty more to still do

Comment

Wow, that would make the old 4WD work - each of those animals would weight between 500 and 800 kg., and dragging them for 200km. would make the temperatures rise a bit.

Geoff
          03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

Not much to burn in those pics as it has already been burnt and had some rain going by the fresh greenery. I have eaten buff that has been prepared numerous ways and that would not be good eating. The buff meat that's in my fridge at the moment that has been prepared by an ex butcher though is blooody lovely. I do agree that we are getting towards the end of the dry season and the earlier fires are not as hot and destructive at the beginning of the dry season. In saying that though our town firies are burning off everything they can find here at the moment.
            Cheers
            Nivo
            Gone to another home - 2001 NM GLS 2.8 TDI, MM Alloy bull bar, 2" Tough Dog lift kit, Dual batteries, Lokka front diff lock, Engine guardian.

2004 NP GLX 3.2 DID - ARB deluxe winch bullbar, 2" Lovells lift, Dual battery, O/L dual wheel rear bar, Modified LRA 81L aux tank, Custom sliders / sidesteps, UHF, Wetseat neoprene covers, Led lightbars, Undercarriage guarding, Engine guardian, Led reverse lights, Runva 11XP winch.

Yet to happen: Front air locker, led telescopic work lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Nivo View Post
              Not much to burn in those pics as it has already been burnt and had some rain going by the fresh greenery. I have eaten buff that has been prepared numerous ways and that would not be good eating. The buff meat that's in my fridge at the moment that has been prepared by an ex butcher though is blooody lovely. I do agree that we are getting towards the end of the dry season and the earlier fires are not as hot and destructive at the beginning of the dry season. In saying that though our town firies are burning off everything they can find here at the moment.
              Cheers
              Nivo
              Last edited by supazuk; 20-09-14, 09:01 PM. Reason: Added photo

Comment

Originally posted by supazuk View Post
                At the moment fire conditions are so bad that fire is traveling on previously burnt ground. Town firies know nothing about land management and in my experience only light fires to generate overtime.

This is the fire weather forecast for today in your area. If you see ntfrs lighting fires show them this and ask them why they are lighting up.

You seem to have a pretty poor opinion of NTFRS. In any event I'd reconsider the value in posting the above photos. I'm the first to agree that you do what you need to do with what you've got - but many don't, and if the wrong person with an agenda saw it I can see it getting out of hand. I don't suggest for one moment that there's any wrongdoing, but someone with an agenda and a media connection could make life hard for you guys over this.
                COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia

Comment

I am a member of ntfrs as well and think that we do a great job with the resources available however land management and large-scale fires aren't what ntfrs do.

I deleted the pics as I don't want to upset anyone. Prob best to remember
                  however that the people that shot the buffs also hunt dugongs and sea turtles and people don't seem to be to upset with that.

Comment

Superzuk, sometimes you cannot win. When I saw your pics was waiting for comments, probably best to take them off save your own butt, your last comment will be good for a discussion, bet you lose that one.
                    NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.

Comment

Originally posted by supazuk View Post
                      I am a member of ntfrs as well and think that we do a great job with the resources available however land management and large-scale fires aren't what ntfrs do.

I deleted the pics as I don't want to upset anyone. Prob best to remember
                      however that the people that shot the buffs also hunt dugongs and sea turtles and people don't seem to be to upset with that.
                      NTFRS do a good Job - like all essential and/or emergency services, and most do it in some of the harshest environments in Australia.

Regarding the photo's - good move I'd suggest. Didn't mean to be a 'kill joy' but I've seen innocent things get twisted and go pear shaped due to things posted on social media and forums.

Your last comment - I ain't touching that one!
                      COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia

Comment

Good move, some things are best left out of sight. As for turtle & dugong hunting? What for? Must be a different part of the world up there.
                        Pajero NT RX 2011
                        Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
                        LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

Originally posted by Rovingman View Post
                          Good move, some things are best left out of sight. As for turtle & dugong hunting? What for? Must be a different part of the world up there.
                          They are hunted and eaten. If the average punter knew exactly how they are treated and killed they'd be up in arms. Cruelty of the highest degree

But for the reasons I've touched on above, the less said the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazza. View Post
                            They are hunted and eaten. If the average punter knew exactly how they are treated and killed they'd be up in arms. Cruelty of the highest degree

But for the reasons I've touched on above, the less said the better.
                            I lived at elcho for a few years so have seen more then enough cruelty to last a lifetime.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X