Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Pays To Belong

It Pays To Belong

That?s what they say and now I can back it up. Just recently I have been commuting to Sydney with work and being a commercial painter I do need to take some gear with me. My trusty 1998 Ford panelvan has been a very reliable unit over the years for me and of course regular servicing has paid off in that regard. Well it was reliable until 30 klm shy of Yass from Melbourne that a hose decided to split and dump all the coolant on the highway. Now you think you would pick this up on the temperature gauge and that would have been the case if it had actually gone up but seeing it go down is rather annoying . Seems to be whilst there is no coolant in the system to tell you it is hot, the gauge can tell you its running cool. So we cooked it... big time and as a result blew the head gasket. Well I can attest to good mobile phone coverage on the Hume highway and two phone calls put my mind at rest. First one to the missus to see if I remembered to pay for the RACV Total Care a couple of months ago and as a good result of that the second to the RACV. Forty minutes later a tray truck arrives and loads the van up for the trip into Yass. Another tray truck was then organised from Yass to Goulburn where we were to pick up a hire car to follow the truck up to Penrith where I would be working for the next few days. The van was dropped off at a reccommended mechanical repairs in Penrith a we setabout doing our job over the next couple of days. As the repairs on the van were not finished by the time we had completed our work the hire care was driven back to Goulburn and onother hire car given to us to drive back to Melb.

So what I am trying to say here is it does pay to belong to RACV Total Care or the equivalent in your state. No matter what you drive just think what you would do if this happened to you anywhere in Australia. I could imagine what it would have cost me for the two tow trucks and two hire cars as well as the repairs to the van if I had not been covered. For $166.00 anually it is peace of mind and twice now over a few years I have used it and believe me it does Pay To Belong.
    Dave

The vehicle at Yass.
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

It pays to belong.

ring ring ring ring

"hello daughter of mine what's up?"

"I'm in the car park off commercial road by the playground i've got a flat tyre. Can you come change it for me?"

"you are in the RAA aren't you?"

"Yes"

"Give them a call they will change it for you"

"Do they do that?"

"sighs"

I blame the parents lol

Comment

Hey Dave

If you bought yourself a Holden you could cancel the RACV and be 166 bucks a year ahead

Cheers Glenn
      NP Exceed 2005 3.2 diesel automatic , 100% stock standard except for the headlight globes

Comment

Originally posted by Stroker View Post
        Hey Dave

If you bought yourself a Holden you could cancel the RACV and be 166 bucks a year ahead

Cheers Glenn

Dave
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X