Forumites Day # 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forumites Day # 2

Yep we are going to do it again. After being successful last year with a day out with forum members we have decided to have another crack at it.
    Basically it will be a day trip for members of this forum with some experienced club members and covered by club insurances. This will not be anything extreme and should be of a medium rating, so if you still have highway tyres on and want to tackle a few tracks "get on board". Dates have not been finalised yet but will be within the next month or two.
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

count me in
    Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

Originally posted by john_char View Post
      count me in
      Aaaha, our first sucke....... I mean forumite!
      Your in
      Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

I'd be interested. Somewhere around Melbourne?

Adrian

Comment

Some idea where and when (roughly) will be good.
          Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

Ok I have a commitment in Sydney for the next two weeks, so maybe two weeks after that. Probably around Marysville area.
            Dave
            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Dave,

While you are in Sydney we could show you a track or two...
              NX Exceed

Comment

Originally posted by athino View Post
                Dave,

While you are in Sydney we could show you a track or two...
                Indeed.
                Retired - 2001 NM Exceed V6, 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, Wildcat Headers and Custom 2.5" Lukey Ultra Flo System, Milford barrier, Cooper HTs and GY MT/Rs, TJM sump and transmission bashplates

Comment

Don't think I will get far in a P/van, working up there in Penrith.
                  Dave
                  NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                  Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Sounds good Dave. Similar tracks to last trip I gather. Looking forward to when it is happening.
                    NL Pajero,F&R airlockers, reduction gears, Ironman susp, ARB bullbar, Tigerz winch, Uniden UHF, roolite driving lights, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib &, BFG KM2' tyres

MUD SUCKS.

Comment

Yes Allan but I think we can give Blowhard a miss! Rugrat should be able to find us something medium for the forum guys.
                      Dave
                      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

You can count me in Dave!
                        Steele Perkins (#1263)
                        NP Pajero with added goodness..

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                          Yes Allan but I think we can give Blowhard a miss! Rugrat should be able to find us something medium for the forum guys.
                          Dave
                          Ok suggested dates? Unfortunately I will be in central of the School Holidays.
                          So its gotta be after that for me. Hows the 14th or 21st or 28th sound? Is there a preference for Saturdays or Sundays? Easy Medium tracks? Pickle whats wrong with Blowhard - I have it on goo knowledge a Stock NK Paj on 50% BFG AT's can do it - most others needed assisistance but its a nice track. I dont mind if it Toolangi, Mt Dissa not much chop in the Marysville area
                          "Never Underestimate a childs ability to get into trouble "

Comment

Originally posted by Rugrat View Post
                            Ok suggested dates? Unfortunately I will be in central of the School Holidays.
                            So its gotta be after that for me. Hows the 14th or 21st or 28th sound? Is there a preference for Saturdays or Sundays? Easy Medium tracks? Pickle whats wrong with Blowhard - I have it on goo knowledge a Stock NK Paj on 50% BFG AT's can do it - most others needed assisistance but its a nice track. I dont mind if it Toolangi, Mt Dissa not much chop in the Marysville area
                            Stock paj doing Blowhard?. I find that hard to believe, unless there hadnt been rain up there for weeks. Pickle will agree, a little rain makes it as 'slippery as a butchers block' A couple of pics of Blowhard.

Blowhard is a 'no go' anyway, as I'm sure you noticed the seasonal closure sign from the pic.

For what it is worth, I think a Saturday is the better option; give you a day at home to clean etc b4 back to the grind of work. Many tracks are closed in Toolangi & I'm sure there are some who are interested in this trip, but like me, have no love of just playing in mud , especially if this trip is planned to cater for a variety of vehicles.

Like Sean, have no interest in Dissa but there are some reasonable tracks around the Narbethong/Marysville area that would be suitable for standard vehicles. If this was an option, could consider making it a Friday night at the Black Spur Inn then head out early on Sat morning. Big River has some fantastic tracks, but some might find it a little too much for one day. Another option is Tallarook, just out of Seymour. Never been there, but from all reports has some good stuff up there, & more importantly, not much mud .

One thing to consider re dates, Sat 29th Sept is Grand Final day, not that my team will be there & no go for me on Oct 6-7; Bathurst; Go Craig

Cheers
                            NL Pajero,F&R airlockers, reduction gears, Ironman susp, ARB bullbar, Tigerz winch, Uniden UHF, roolite driving lights, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib &, BFG KM2' tyres

MUD SUCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by allanmac View Post
                              Stock paj doing Blowhard?.
                              Blowhard is a 'no go' anyway, as I'm sure you noticed the seasonal closure sign from the pic.
                              Sorry Allen - thats the top bit - I call it Blowhard on the Downward side from that pic - I think its actually Cockpit . That has been done (last Forumites) in a STD paj.

Saturday is best for me to. So I think we make it a Saturday. My suggested dates were in October so is there any consensus on dates?

Plenty of Tracks still open in Toolangi that can be driven - So far I count 6 to 7 cars - anymore and it will need to be 2 groups. Big River is to far for any from the Western side of Melbourne so I suggest Black Forest area. Whilst mud may not be the favoured its fun - need to also cater for all levels.
                              Suggest it your interested - mention what level you think your comfortable at and preference to type of tracks. I personally am happy with forest roads and a latte at Buxton Pub. Can take in some of the tracks from Paj.Chall 07 that was run in Feb.
                              "Never Underestimate a childs ability to get into trouble "

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X