Raised platform in boot space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by disco stu View Post
    Googling connect-it I came across a video by someone here on the forums, forgotten name though. Weight was much lower with that than his old frame out of timber, and being conscious of that it looks worthwhile. Just going to cost a fair bit more
    Probably denmonkey, he has great vids

In my gen2 I used a piece of 20mm MDF and 3x old brownbuilt steel shelves which just happened to be tall enough to slide my esky underneath. I used some hinged sections of MDF to make a sleeping platform all the way to the front seats (fold front seats forward)
    I'll upload some photos for you soon

If I were to do it again I'd use alu tube & the connect-it/qubelock stuff, however I was on a budget at the time

2013 NW GLX. 268,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar | Boo's bashplates | 4x4 Tough (Aldi) Winch | Underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator | D697 265/70r17 | Rhino tracks & vortex bars | DIY rear drawers | Waeco CF40 | 60L water bladder | 2.5m awning | Vlad TC mod | UH8060.
    --SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II

Comment

That's who it was!

So your platform was higher than the 2nd row seats folded down?

Comment

Yep my platform was about 10cm higher than folded seats, I just put a couple of blocks of wood underneath when I folded it out & then a couple more bits of timber to prop the ends up near the front seats. Heres a few piccies:

After all that effort, it turns out I get claustrophobic so only ended up using the bed twice & later added a cargo barrier.
        Attached Files
        2013 NW GLX. 268,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar | Boo's bashplates | 4x4 Tough (Aldi) Winch | Underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator | D697 265/70r17 | Rhino tracks & vortex bars | DIY rear drawers | Waeco CF40 | 60L water bladder | 2.5m awning | Vlad TC mod | UH8060.
        --SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II

Comment

Originally posted by Turorit View Post
          After all that effort, it turns out I get claustrophobic so only ended up using the bed twice & later added a cargo barrier.
          Yeah it's not the largest of spaces. Thats a good looking setup though, well thought out.

2009 NT GLS Manual DiD, Cool Silver Metallic, OEM alloy nudge bar, Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65R17 116T, OzTec shocks & raised King springs, BushSkinz alloy intercooler & sump bash plates, BushSkinz steel side steps/sliders, ARB alloy mesh rack, Ultra Vision light bar, work in progress...

Comment

Originally posted by Turorit View Post
            Yep my platform was about 10cm higher than folded seats, I just put a couple of blocks of wood underneath when I folded it out & then a couple more bits of timber to prop the ends up near the front seats. Heres a few piccies:

Sorry for slow reply. That is really helpful, thanks. I really should check on the height on my ice box and typical fridges with the idea of putting that underneath, though I was hoping to just keep the height the same as the folded seats to save having another piece to put in and take out

Comment

Originally posted by disco stu View Post

Sorry for slow reply. That is really helpful, thanks. I really should check on the height on my ice box and typical fridges with the idea of putting that underneath, though I was hoping to just keep the height the same as the folded seats to save having another piece to put in and take out
              Happy to help

My Waeco CF-40 needed another +50mm underneath the shelf to fit. Again, an afterthought - I'd already done the whole fitout before I decided I wanted a fridge. Fortunately I managed to squeeze it sideways behind the front passenger seat. Only good if you've dont have passengers or someone with short legs!

Comment

Hmm, that is an even better spot I think....If mine fits

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X