Replacing NX front seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gravel Seeker View Post
    I think the biggest issue with the Pajero seats, and something that can't be fixed, is the under-thigh/ knee support.
    Other than an adjustable front edge I don't think they're that bad.

The other thing - and this is probably very subjective - is how warm and sweaty it gets with the leather seats.
    I can well understand your issue with support under the knees.
    I'm not familiar with the Pajero seat mountings but for Challenger there's a 100% improvement in comfort by fitting spacers under the front seat mounts.

I concur with your sentiments about leather seats. Wouldn't have them if you paid me (in my part of the world anyway).
    2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

Originally posted by DeeTee View Post
      I bought a set from the Everydaystore and I love them. Bonus points for the matching centre console cover to rest your arm on.
      I do not think I am getting a bonus console cover with mine.

I don't think much of the quality of the OEM trim in my car,

the console cover is starting to show signs of wear & I was actually thinking about buying one of those wet suit material console covers that I have seen advertised.

Anyone bought one of those?

BTW I ordered my covers last night & at 9.30 this morning the shipping tracking had them on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post

I can well understand your issue with support under the knees.
        I'm not familiar with the Pajero seat mountings but for Challenger there's a 100% improvement in comfort by fitting spacers under the front seat mounts.

I concur with your sentiments about leather seats. Wouldn't have them if you paid me (in my part of the world anyway).
        Interesting. How thick are the spacers you used and material? 20mm or so aluminium?
        I don't think that'll solve the issue here though - the seat cushion is just too short. The factory electric seats have adjustments to lift the front of the seat, but that doesn't help.
        I miss the seats in my 2007 BMW 320 that had the adjustable front edge to fit the underside of your knees. (And also much better side support, but it was an M-sport model)

3445556.jpg?imageId=3445556&x=0&y=0&cropw=100&croph=100&width=480&height=241.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Gravel Seeker View Post

Interesting. How thick are the spacers you used and material? 20mm or so aluminium?
          I don't think that'll solve the issue here though - the seat cushion is just too short. The factory electric seats have adjustments to lift the front of the seat, but that doesn't help.
          I miss the seats in my 2007 BMW 320 that had the adjustable front edge to fit the underside of your knees. (And also much better side support, but it was an M-sport model)

3445556.jpg?imageId=3445556&x=0&y=0&cropw=100&croph=100&width=480&height=241.jpg
          Lifting the front of the seat by 25-30mm has been the accepted approach. Mild steel, drilled and tapped. Round bar, hex, whatever is on hand. OJ has used hex connectors for threaded rod.

If you already have a tilting seat base then the above may not help you, even though I find it forces the body to sit 'IN' the seat rather than perched 'ON' it.
          2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

Here is the latest link to the Challenger Seat Spacer threads.
            https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/forum...r-seat-spacers

OJ.
            2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
            MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisS View Post
              Evening all,

We are planning an 8-9 week trip from mid next year. The minister for Warfare and Finance has complained that both our 2000 N M and now our NX front seats are uncomfortable for long drives and touring. Has anyone replaced the front seats with relatively inexpensive aftermarket seats, used inflatable lumbar support seat covers or have any other great ideas that will save my ears from bleeding for the duration of the trip?
              Problem with seat replacement with non OEM is they must be certified for your car. That makes them relatively expensive.

Like others I'm amazed at how much comfort improvement comes from quality (mine are Prestige 30mm nap) sheepskin seat covers.

Mines an Exceed (leather) and found them comfortable over a recent 4 x 600km+ days in a row trip. Not something I can say for my Commodore seats (despite sheepskin covers as well).
              MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, Boo's bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65R18, TPMS, Dobinson/Kings HD 45mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, MM nudgebar with Ultravision 205 4K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM kitchen and drawer. Stockman allroada pod trailer with Drifta Stockton RTT.

Comment

Originally posted by PAJ32 View Post

Thanks for the link Two Emms,

those covers look so good I bought a set & I didn't even know I was in the market. lol.
                So did I and they arrived today. Excellent service and ultra fast postage from the seller. They are really good looking covers too.
                2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post
                  Lifting the front of the seat by 25-30mm has been the accepted approach. Mild steel, drilled and tapped. Round bar, hex, whatever is on hand. OJ has used hex connectors for threaded rod.
                  If you already have a tilting seat base then the above may not help you, even though I find it forces the body to sit 'IN' the seat rather than perched 'ON' it.
                  I'll experiment more, also struggling with a fooked back so can't sit to "deep" either otherwise I'm not getting out of the car

Comment

Originally posted by Ian H View Post

So did I and they arrived today. Excellent service and ultra fast postage from the seller. They are really good looking covers too.
                    Yes, mine arrived yesterday

I think the instructions could be a bit better written with perhaps some pictures but got them on okay.

Comment

I agree about the insructions and having started to fit the driver's side, it's a real challenge when you have electric seats. But they do look and feel great.
                      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                        I agree about the insructions and having started to fit the driver's side, it's a real challenge when you have electric seats. But they do look and feel great.
                        I am not keen on the way the strap under the bottom cushion went & had to read a couple of times to get
                        how you have to unclip & remove the bit of trim on the back of the seat. (It's a tight fit through there.) lol

Would be easier if you had done them before though but must say they look good & fit well.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X