Relocating 12V socket & a money tray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocating 12V socket & a money tray

Something that becomes annoying is leads running all over the dash, of late I've had the GPS power lead and phone charger hanging around the cabin.
    I have wondered for a while what that cover on the top of the dash is for. Turns out its a fake speaker cover.
    Being one of those people who does things because they can, I thought I might try and neaten all the area a bit.
    Relocating the power socket
    Maybe the power socket could be moved under this cover. After a bit of trouble to get the cover off without damage. (Mitsubishi in their wisdom seem to think this cover needs better attachment than the dash itself!) I find a nice spot for some power sockets.
    I mounted a 3 sockets- Cigarette lighter style and a double USB on a piece of plastic. With a little cutting I was able to get it all to fit in very nicely.
    There is a small rectangular screw cover just forward of the speaker cover and this popped out really easily, so it was modified so the cables for GPS power and reverse camera came out here.
    I threaded the USB cable for the phone back down the dash and it comes out under the CB radio, where I keep the phone. (this mod is on another thread)
    Money tray:
    No longer needing the original power socket I removed it, and modified the original socket cover to take a tray for my spare coins- which usually occupied the cup holders. Using a piece of 65mm water main and some plastic sheet made up a half pipe money tray. Screwing it to the original socket cover proved suprisingly simple as the cover popped off the hinge, allowing 3 screws to be inserted and then covered again.
    Anyway, I'm pleased with the result, it’s really tidied up the dash area.
    Attached Files
    2013 NW GLX-R Factory Locker, TC mod,Dual Battery, 240V inverter, Anderson Plug, Fire Extinguisher. GME TX3500 UHF Radio, MM Alloy Bar, ORU 12000lb Winch,EGR mod, Fancy wheels, 33" Pirelli ATR Tyres, LRA Aux tank, Custom bash plates & Rock sliders, Ultra Gauge, ARB Compressor, LED Light bar, little mods around the cabin. Kings Std Ratecoils & Ultimate Shocks, Firestone HP airbags, Airteck Snorkel, Hema 6. Towing: Starcraft outback

more pics
    Attached Files
    2013 NW GLX-R Factory Locker, TC mod,Dual Battery, 240V inverter, Anderson Plug, Fire Extinguisher. GME TX3500 UHF Radio, MM Alloy Bar, ORU 12000lb Winch,EGR mod, Fancy wheels, 33" Pirelli ATR Tyres, LRA Aux tank, Custom bash plates & Rock sliders, Ultra Gauge, ARB Compressor, LED Light bar, little mods around the cabin. Kings Std Ratecoils & Ultimate Shocks, Firestone HP airbags, Airteck Snorkel, Hema 6. Towing: Starcraft outback

Comment

finished
      Attached Files

Comment

Do you not have the Rockford surround system? I thought that centre speaker was for it ...
        2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

Brilliant!

Having a GLX-R he will not have the MMCS/rockford system.
          2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Originally posted by grhyso View Post
            Brilliant!

Having a GLX-R he will not have the MMCS/rockford system.
            Ah okay. Wasn't sure what MM had done with the specs.
            2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

That's a nice mod. It is kind of ironic that you're re-commissioning the ash tray, but it makes sense; I'd have no where for my change if it weren't for the ash try in the NP.
              2005 NP Platinum 3.2 DID Auto, Lovells HD springs, Bilstein shocks, Firestone Airbags, ARB bar, Warn XD 9000 winch, IPF 900 Xtreme Sport lights, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, Outback Accessories rock sliders, GME 3200 UHF, CTEK Dc to Dc Dual Battery system, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tyres, Torque Converter lock-up kit, Safari snorkel, Taipan high performance exhaust, LRA 66lt long range fuel tank.

Comment

Nice job!
                Millzy

MY14 NW GLX-R, MM Towbar, Prodigy P2 Controller, MM Lift Kit, Rhino Aero Racks, CTEK 250s, Optima Yellow Top dual battery, Basket and Awning, MM Nudge bar

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X