Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are these holes for?

Greetings,
    While running my main power feed to the rear the other day, when I removed the rear passenger kick plates I noticed these 8mm holes. There is matching cutouts in the polystyrene "filler" piece as well.
    I am wondering if they maybe were from a forward mount for a cargo barrier, or was something bolted underneath that is not there now? They appear to be factory holes.
    As I am worried about water ingress on creek crossings, I have fitted M8x12 bolts with nuts with silicone under the bolt head to fill the holes.
    Just curious.

Chris
    Attached Files
    2002 NM 3.5L V6 Auto GLS, 33" BFG KM3s on Patrol 16x8, front air locker, Ironman lift plus poly blocks plus rear airbags, Runva 11XP, Bushskinz, ARB Combo bar, HF, VHF/UHF radios, 9" LED spots, 2 x LED light bars, interior LED lighting, Rear drawers, dual batteries, Projecta DC/DC charger, cabin filter mod, Bisho's centre console mod, roof basket, solar panel, Darche 270 Eclipse awning, ebay snorkel, activated tail lights.

The plastic lugs that are on the underside of your scuff plates, are these the hole for them to push through and hold them in place?
    Cheers,
    Andrew.
    Cheers,
    Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
    Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Andrew, but no.
      These are inboard from the scuff plate, also quite a bit larger, 8mm
      Will post a pic with the filler piece in place, from a little further away.

Chris
      2002 NM 3.5L V6 Auto GLS, 33" BFG KM3s on Patrol 16x8, front air locker, Ironman lift plus poly blocks plus rear airbags, Runva 11XP, Bushskinz, ARB Combo bar, HF, VHF/UHF radios, 9" LED spots, 2 x LED light bars, interior LED lighting, Rear drawers, dual batteries, Projecta DC/DC charger, cabin filter mod, Bisho's centre console mod, roof basket, solar panel, Darche 270 Eclipse awning, ebay snorkel, activated tail lights.

Comment

Not for the side-sill lights on the Exceed, are they?? Or are they just in the side-step itself?

Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
        Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by vk7hch View Post
          Thanks for the reply Andrew, but no.
          These are inboard from the scuff plate, also quite a bit larger, 8mm
          Will post a pic with the filler piece in place, from a little further away.

Chris
          Andrew is correct, they are for the scuff plate, I just pulled mine off and checked, the cabin side of the scuff plate has 2 legs about 30mm long with a clip at the end that goes in those 2 holes, check you scuff plate you will see the two legs, I'd say your clips are missing, they are the standard round pointy white ones used throughout the car

Comment

Thanks for the replies, <facepalm> yes, mega humble pie on the menu tonight </facepalm>. I came to the same conclusion last night after taking the scuff plate off to photograph the holes.
            Seems a little silly to have them exit straight to the outside world. Would be a good place for water to get in, may look at some rubber washers to put under the clips. Or just leave my bolts in there.
            Thanks for taking the time to help

Chris

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X