Seat re-trimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat re-trimming

My exceed has a small rip in the leather on the side next to the electric seat controls and one the main seams on the seat has come un-stitched.

Can anyone recommend a trimmer in Melbournes Northern Suburbs?
    2018 NX GLS - Stock

2002 NM Exceed 3.5l Auto. Oricom 280 UHF, Full Boar Snorkel, Maxxis 980's. Diff breather kit *still* waiting to be fitted. Heading for the great scrap yard in the sky very soon.

Ascot Auto Trimmers in airport west, new a guy that worked there once and they used to to all the hot rod stuff for us, they should be able to match up the panels you need done.
    Rick
    Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
    New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

That little tear near the seat control is a bit common I think.
      Just an awkward spot and fold in the trim seems to give out after a few yrs.
      I had exactly that on my NP.
      Fixed it myself.
      Open up the tear a little more with a very sharp blade.
      Pass a small piece of scrap vinyl through the hole and spread it out flat.
      Use a cotton bud to apply contact adhesive to the outside face of the scrap, and the inside face of the damaged seat area. Give them a bit of time to go off then pull the scrap out to meet the inner face of the seat trim.
      It's a bit fiddly, and you will probably need a bit of metho to clean excess adhesive, but it worked fine and is still in place after 2yrs.
      Let it all dry for a coupla days then touch up with a black marker pen if needed.

Added bonus, the extra thickness should help prevent it happening again.
      2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
      2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X