Broken Rear Door arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Rear Door arm

I'm probably not the first one to break the arm which holds the rear door open. I tried shutting it on a slope and forget to unlock the arm first.

So I'll have to disconnect it but the question is, can I get one somewhere other than mortgaging my house and going to the local MM dealer ?

Maybe a wreckers is worth a try.

It's off my NX but I assume older models have the same arm set up ?
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.

Must be the day for it, I broke mine today as well!

Keen to know of any other solutions people have found.
    --
    2017 NX GLX - Ex Police
    Safari Snorkel, ARB Bar, Warn winch, Stedi Type X Pro driving lights, BFG KO2 265/70R17, Hayman Reece Towbar, Boos bash plates, GME UHF, EFS/kings 40mm lift, Rola Titan low mount roof tray, Ironman awning, iDrive throttle controller, Bushskinz rock sliders, Department of the Interior rear drawers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
      I'm probably not the first one to break the arm which holds the rear door open. I tried shutting it on a slope and forget to unlock the arm first.

So I'll have to disconnect it but the question is, can I get one somewhere other than mortgaging my house and going to the local MM dealer ?

Maybe a wreckers is worth a try.

It's off my NX but I assume older models have the same arm set up ?

You are NOT the first. I bought mine from Amayama for $136NZD delivered about a year ago. It was going to be well over $200 from Mitzi NZ

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/mitsubishi/5822a020
      2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper. Custom side steps. Boos front three 3mm bash plates. Cooper Evolution MT tyres. Couple of CB radios. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ARB Comercial bull bar with custom brush bars and Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons and Kings raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel

Comment

Thanks for the link.

Any thoughts on changing to this one.....

https://www.strutyourstuff.net.au/pr...ear-door-strut
        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
          Thanks for the link.

Any thoughts on changing to this one.....

https://www.strutyourstuff.net.au/pr...ear-door-strut

The text says "THE STRUT DOES NOT LOCK IN ANY POSITION LIKE THE OEM UNIT". That would be a nuisance for me personally.
          2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper. Custom side steps. Boos front three 3mm bash plates. Cooper Evolution MT tyres. Couple of CB radios. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ARB Comercial bull bar with custom brush bars and Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons and Kings raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel

Comment

Has anyone on this forum used the gas strut referred to above to replace the original rear door prop? If so, how well dos it work?

Comment

Originally posted by rgrubby View Post
              The text says "THE STRUT DOES NOT LOCK IN ANY POSITION LIKE THE OEM UNIT". That would be a nuisance for me personally.
              Yes, good point. I just ordered one of the standard MM type for $169

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-...53.m2749.l2649

Comment

It arrived today and was fitted in 5 minutes. All good.

Comment

I’ve broken 3 struts now over 2 different Pajs ( well actually others have broken them as they didn’t realise you have to unlock them before closing door!). stupid design. Does anyone know if you can retrofit a rear door stop from a Generation 3 Paj onto a Gen 4. The Gen 3 are sold steel no gas and don’t break? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X