Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaon rear shelf for the Paj

Hey all,

haven't been around for a long time but figured this one might excite a few people.

Kaon an Australian company in Australia are starting to make some cool kit for the pajero.

I recently picked up the new release rear shelf and stuck it in the old girl.

Happy as a pig in it .

here's the video as always if you're interested

cheers Brett
    Attached Files

I have the Light duty half cargo barrier, this shelf is compatible.

Beauty about the cargo barrier is you can take it out in about 3 minutes.

He has built a Proto type rear door fold up table for Pajero, hopefully he will sell them as he does for Prado.
    Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier

Comment

yeah Jas, I'm considering the table but we shall see.
      The shelf is good gear. my first kaon product and pretty impressed

Comment

Originally posted by denmonkey View Post
        yeah Jas, I'm considering the table but we shall see.
        The shelf is good gear. my first kaon product and pretty impressed
        He appears organised.

Cargo barrier does what i want, instructions, fast despatch quality is fine & Aussie made
        Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier

Comment

Brett
          Thanks for another great video and highlighting an Australian product. It looks like a quality and useful addition to an Pajero.
          John

Comment

I was thinking of the cargo barrier, but there is a comment on the website saying the gap on the sides was big enough for a large dog to get through. How do you guys find this?
            Also noticed they have bash plates - interesting...
            MY21 NX Pajero
            a few mods to come !

Comment

Originally posted by oldmate View Post
              I was thinking of the cargo barrier, but there is a comment on the website saying the gap on the sides was big enough for a large dog to get through. How do you guys find this?
              The Cargo barrier is about the width of the rear seat, yeah i guess if your dog laid on its side & wriggled it could possibly get through the gap for sure, but if i still had a large dog mine wouldn't if i was in the car, it would know better.

How hard would that be to fix, not very hard

It's not designed for heavy cargo, mine is for the odd time i go away with no camper, lighter blankets etc, can be stored on top of plastic tubs & clothes bags.

I still use 3rd row not often, so it's perfect for my intended use

Cargo Barrier.JPG

Comment

Bolt a couple of bits of Bunnings Alloy angle x 2 pieces out to the gaps with rounded ends & dog problem solved.
                I haven't put much thought into it but as example not hard & bolts holes already there, use cup head type bolts or alike so as not to wreck seat headrest

Comment

Originally posted by oldmate View Post
                  I have their bash plates, actually they just arrived this afternoon, they are a good design and after reading all the posts about inter cooler air flow and talking to OJ I decided to try them. They have vertical slots for cooling and side gussets to help force the air through rather than around the inter cooler. The gussets also helps strengthen an already strong plate, the bolts are also recessed giving a completely flat surface so the bolts can’t get caught on anything going over rocks ect. Another bonus is the sump plate has a hole in it around the drain plug so you can drain the oil without taking the plate off.

Comment

Originally posted by flyreels View Post

I have their bash plates, actually they just arrived this afternoon, they are a good design and after reading all the posts about inter cooler air flow and talking to OJ I decided to try them. They have vertical slots for cooling and side gussets to help force the air through rather than around the inter cooler. The gussets also helps strengthen an already strong plate, the bolts are also recessed giving a completely flat surface so the bolts can’t get caught on anything going over rocks ect. Another bonus is the sump plate has a hole in it around the drain plug so you can drain the oil without taking the plate off.
                    If i ever find my Bushskinz alloy which ADD 3kg's to weight of vehicle are not up to my requirements, Kaon ones will be my choice.

FYI only Bushskinz also have hole for Oil drain, which i don't think is on his site.
                    Recessed bolts like the original front inter cooler has as well.

Comment

Brett:
                      Does the Kaon shelf interfere with the rear view mirror vision? It must be very close to doing so.

Comment

Great video as usual Brett. I've added my details on their website to get notified when the shelf is back in stock. Hopefully soon.
                        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.

Comment

Thanks guys, good info as always.
                          MY21 NX Pajero
                          a few mods to come !

Comment

For those whom it may interest

Kaon now have Pajero fold down table on there portal.

https://www.kaon.com.au/rear-door-dr...tsubishi-pajer

Chopping boards choose Prado 150 same board if you want one, although they will update & offer chopping board named Pajero soon.

Comment

Nice idea but you need some clearance between any drawers you have installed and the rear door for the fold down table. It probably wouldn't fit with my Drifta set.
                              2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X