Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardkorr BZR 9" mounting.

Dear gang,

Ive started mounting a set of BZR lights and immediately run into problems. I'm mounting to ARB Sahara bar with a winch cover plate. The mounting options are not looking great. I would imagine this is a problem with any led light mount to this bar as they pretty much all have the same cradle type mounting system.

Regards,

Matt.
    2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. Unicorn Performance upgraded Intercooler. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.

Hi Matt,

Is your problem the overall width of the light? If so have you considered swapping from 9" to &" diameter lights, The 7" "only" has a 1150m 1 lux range compared to 1450m 1 lux range of the 9" but in reality that last 300m is over a km away and most people cannot even see this 300m clearly enough due to suspended particles in the air. At 100kph you are travelling at just under 28 metres per second so a light range of 1150m is 41 seconds of driving time and is most likely at least 10x the range of factory high beam.

Year sago I used to run lights that had a reflective range of over 1600 metres but I could rarely use them on the highway because oncoming traffic would flash me to dip the lights and reflection from road signs, I ended up changing one of the lights to a driving spread beam that had only a 700m reflective range so usable/visible light to about 450 metres and this is the light I used the most. I no longer do the extended night drives so now days I have a 20" single row lightbar that is 1 lux at 300m to supplement the dual headlights of the Challenger which is adequate for the limited night driving I do.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Hi OJ,

Not so much the width, but yes it would give me more options with the next size down. It's the style of the mount. I hadn't considered the size of the cradle holding the lights. I found that I can mount them successfully, but will have to move the lights forward and slightly closer to centre and drill new holes. The original will just be covered by the cradle.

My next issue is selecting an accessory fuse. Sounds easy enough, but tricky in reality. I need to piggy back one for the DRLs.
      2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. Unicorn Performance upgraded Intercooler. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X