Lightbar - Genuine Alloy Bullbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightbar - Genuine Alloy Bullbar

Hi All. Here's my dilemna. I have a second hand MM alloy bar but am yet to fit it.

I want to fit a light bar to it. The front to back dimensions of the lightbar is 93.5mm
    From the centre of the predrilled mounting hole on the bullbar to the edge of the bullbar on the engine side is 35mm. (at the bullbar's narrowest point)
    The overhang of the lightbar against the bullbar on the engine side is 15mm. (at the bullbar's narrowest point)
    Ideally I'd cable it all in while the bumper is off and before the bullbar is on, but don't want to do that if the lightbar is not going to fit and foul against the grill.
    If I cable it up I probably can't return it.

Has anyone done this and know how much room I have to play with between the lightbar and the grill? If it's just touching is it likely to melt the grill?

2011 NT RX.

Link to lightbar

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...60501#start=17

Thanks,

Pete
    Attached Files
    2011 NT RX. Ironbark. 2.5 x 2.5 Awning.

Light Bar.png
    2007 VRX, Cold Air, HPD Intercooler, 3" Exhaust, Just Autos Tune, Lovels Springs, EFS Shockies.

Comment

Originally posted by Trisome View Post
      OP enquiry relates to OEM alloy bullbar not nudgebar.
      MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, Boo's bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65R18, TPMS, Dobinson/Kings HD 45mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, MM nudgebar with Ultravision 205 4K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM kitchen and drawer. Stockman allroada pod trailer with Drifta Stockton RTT.

Comment

Cant help with dimensions but I doubt an LED lightbar will get hot enough to melt your grill. Mine is from Stedi and I don't recall it ever feeling warm.
        NT Pajero RX auto 5 door. Nudge bar, LED light bar, ProVent catch can, EGR resistor mod, dual battery, 265/65/18 Cooper ATT. Joying Android Head unit with TPMS, Dash Cam, and TorquePro via OBD2 . Alpine amps, infinity splits and sub, sound deadening in doors. Scanguage. GME UHF with 2.1db antenna. Clear view tow mirrors. Rubber floor/mud mats. Led interior lights and brake/tail & reverse lights. EVC Throttle Controller, Race Chip RS with Bluetooth control. AutoMate Pro.

Comment

There’s no way it’ll foul the grille in my opinion. Here is my NW with a run of the mill lightbar- I can fit my hand easily behind it and my bar is biased towards the back if anything.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 3 photos.
          2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
          MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

Thanks for your responses so far. The MM bullbar replaces the bumper. I’ve decided not to risk it and I’ve returned the supercheap one and will go with a Stedi which is 73mm which should give me the clearance.
            2011 NT RX. Ironbark. 2.5 x 2.5 Awning.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X