air bag suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air bag suspension

i am now thinking of getting a set of air bags to fit inside my coils springs to help with the weight of my van . now i can get polyair , or coilrite for around the $350 mark or i can get a set from usa posted to my door for $170. i am not sure what brand they are , has any one got any feed back at all about them . i am not sure wether i am aloud to say but they are selling on ebay. cheers

How about a link to Ebay. I am interested as well.

I know some mates ordered there airbags direct from the states because it was heaps cheaper. I think they were firestones.
    thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
    1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

just type air bag suspension in

Comment

The airbags were available on ebay site "greatlakes7617" part No 60769. The Pajero is called a Montero in the states. These airbags fit the Montero. I checked this last November but I dont see on their store site now. An e-mail to them will confirm if they have them. I think they were about $170 a pair landed in Aus. Good luck, let know how if you have any luck.

Comment

The ones from The States only suit pre-NM Pajeros.
          Sandgroper.
          NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

Stick with Polyairs. Well made, tried and tested in oz and very easy to get parts/support with lots of stockists.

I have them in my NM (and have ahd them in 4 other cars) and they are superb.
            2010 NT Active diesel.

Comment

Stick with Polyairs. Well made, tried and tested in oz and very easy to get parts/support with lots of stockists.

I have them in my NM (and have ahd them in 4 other cars) and they are superb.
              2010 NT Active diesel.

Comment

Has anyone considered replacing the rear springs with the full air bag suspension? Air bag suspension is standard on my Disco 2 and its self levelling, so if I'm carrying heavier loads the rear suspension automatically lifts to the prescribed height. I can also raise the suspension another 40mm for offroad use.

There's also an aftermarket kit available for Patrols which I may look at for my GU.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Rear-Air-Bag-...QQcmdZViewItem

The air bag suspension in my Disco2 has proven itself many times, but I'm not sure about the performance of the aftermarket kits. I'd be interested to hear from anyone that may have replaced their rear springs with a similar kit.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X