Power Chip for TD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Chip for TD

Anyone installed an aftermarket powerchip on a turbo diesel?

Just looking at tooling around with the new Paj for a bit of fun.

Claims on the internet (dpchip.com.au) about 10% increase fuel economy, overtaking power, lower exhaust temp blah blah.

Anyone with knowledge about these?
    Cheers,
    Rob

2007 NS VRX DID Auto - ARB Bullbar, Dual Deep Cycle Batteries, Nightstalker HID's, Family Pack, Tow Bar & Lift, Illuminated Side-Steps, Bluetooth, Neoprene Seat Covers, Mio Digiwalker C520 GPS.
    1989 NG EXE Tdi Manual - Cooper ATR's on 16x8 Sunraysia's, Tough Dog 2" Lift

Hi Rob,
    I've made enquiries re a Dtronic power chip for my NS and have been told they have not been released for the new TD yet. This was a week ago. Am now contemplating a diesel/gas conversion which gives upto 20% power increase, plus with better fuel economy but the down side is the cost !
    Regards from Col
    NS TD Exceed, Long Range Fuel Tank (115 lts), 50mm lift, HD King Springs Bilstein Shockers, ARB Deluxe Bullbar colour coded with Winch, HD Towbar, ROH RTX 17" Rims, Cooper S/T Maxx 265/70/17, Dual Batteries, Safari Snorkle and Diff breathers, Tyre Dog monitoring system, Magellan XL Explorist GPS, GME Personal Locating Beacon with GPS, Uniden UHF, Prodigy Break Controller, Reversing Camera, Updated Security Alarm System. Scangauge + Chipit Chip etc and no DPF!.

Comment

Thanks Big Col,

Check the previous story about LPG conversions from the old pajero site. Go to fuel and fuel systems, then check out a thread entitled Exhaust Gas Temp started by pjkriel. Starts off about something else but gets onto gas conversions about halfway through. Might want to post your own thread to see if anyone has done it with success.
      Cheers,
      Rob

2007 NS VRX DID Auto - ARB Bullbar, Dual Deep Cycle Batteries, Nightstalker HID's, Family Pack, Tow Bar & Lift, Illuminated Side-Steps, Bluetooth, Neoprene Seat Covers, Mio Digiwalker C520 GPS.

Comment

Thanks Rob,
        Just read the info on the diesel/gas conversion that you put me onto. Very very interesting, that wasn't a very happy chappy with what he had been through. I will have to investigate further. All the blurbs i've read are very positive but you have to be pretty sure you get what they say the system will do. Thanks again for the thread.
        Regards from Col
        NS TD Exceed, Long Range Fuel Tank (115 lts), 50mm lift, HD King Springs Bilstein Shockers, ARB Deluxe Bullbar colour coded with Winch, HD Towbar, ROH RTX 17" Rims, Cooper S/T Maxx 265/70/17, Dual Batteries, Safari Snorkle and Diff breathers, Tyre Dog monitoring system, Magellan XL Explorist GPS, GME Personal Locating Beacon with GPS, Uniden UHF, Prodigy Break Controller, Reversing Camera, Updated Security Alarm System. Scangauge + Chipit Chip etc and no DPF!.

Comment

I found this site after looking for the same thing.A bit pricey though. http://www.dieseltuner.com.au
          2007 NS VRX PAJERO Di-D , AUTO , FAMILY PACK , HD TOW PACK

Comment

DP chip

Hi Rob,
            I too have been looking at the DPchip for my 05 DiD Exceed and have found a fellow Pajero owner that has had one fitted and it runs great. It is still early days and a full fuel efficiency test has not been done but the extra power is definitely there. I am certain that I shall get one but my mind keeps telling me that I don't really need it as the Pajero has enough grunt already and has never felt underpowered even towing our 2340kg full size van. But then again you can never have enough grunt , can you? The best part is that it connects after the computer and is not detected by the computer so can be easily removed at will if there is trouble elsewhere in the electronics.
            The trouble with fixing gas to you vehicle is that it voids all warranty. Not a good thing for a late model Pajero.
            Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill13. Keep me updated on how your mate goes.

Totally nothing wrong with the power and fuel economy of my NS. Love it to bits. Just getting a bit of fourwheeldriveosis.....The psychological need to buy expensive & exciting stuff to put on your shiny new 4WD.
              Cheers,
              Rob

Comment

How does the DPchip compare with the Dtronic?

I'm thinking of adding a chip to the equation in my NP.
                Ąđżą aka Adam
                2004 NP Pajero
                Bullbar, Towbar, Snorkel, ARB Compressor, BFG M/T, D/Lights, TJM Bash, Dual Battery, Tait UHF, AM CB, Waeco, Lovells, Billies, Barrier

Comment

Well whoever does it, do back to back dynos etc!
                  Current ride. EP91 Starlet Auto
                  Missus car: 2005 Platinum DiD Auto, H/R Towbar, Rhino Sportz Aero Bars, Redarc Isolator, Elec Brake Controller. 2" Lift and LT Tyres.

Comment

Have had a DPchip in for approx 2 months now. Definately a lot punchier throughout rev range. Only been on one extended trip up to Fraser Is. last May towing loaded box trailer and fuel was as good if not better than before bullbar,AT's(275/70/16) etc. Getting a heavier camper trailer shortly so will see how that goes when go to Fraser in September. The motor seems to run along smoother and nice to know extra power is there when you need it - which with the DID is not a lot.- probably one of the extras you don't really need but I've always liked to individualise my vehicles - now for that exhaust
                    04 GLS Auto DID,ARB bar, Bilstein/Lovells,stedi 240 w light bar, DPchip, Cargo Barrier, dual batts, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Pdiddy View Post
                      . Getting a heavier camper trailer shortly so will see how that goes when go to Fraser in September.
                      When in September? Keep an eye out for a charcoal NS with a canvas covered box trailer at the rear.
                      Cheers,
                      Rob

Comment

Originally posted by NS Rob View Post
                        When in September? Keep an eye out for a charcoal NS with a canvas covered box trailer at the rear.
                        Around about 4th Sept for 7 days
                        04 GLS Auto DID,ARB bar, Bilstein/Lovells,stedi 240 w light bar, DPchip, Cargo Barrier, dual batts, etc

Comment

Nice, we're from the 8th to the 22nd staying at Frasers at Cathederal. I'll keep an eye out for your rig.
                          Cheers,
                          Rob

Comment

Just after an update for those that have "chipped" their NP's. How is performance etc over the past 6 months?

Thanks

Comment

Yeah - an update would be greatly appreciated !!

Thanks
                              Gary

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X