water tank in dickie seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water tank in dickie seat

Has anyone used one of the water tanks that sit in the well left by the dickie seat.

can get them from TJM etc.

was thinking about ti but not sure if they were worth the expense.

Hi titchy,
    I don't know what the TJM tanks are like but don't use a bladder type tank.
    I fitted a 50 litre Turtle brand bladder tank under the floor of our boat and despite what the manufacturer said we never got rid of the rubber taste the water had.
    We flushed it out with everything we could think of, bi-carb, vinegar, mouthwash etc. After a year I gave up and pulled the floor up again and installed a 100 litre food grade poly tank that cost about $100 from Camec, they sell caravan accessories.
    I've heard many other similar stories about other brands of bladder tanks, good for washing your hands but not for drinking!
    Hope this helps,

Sandgroper.
    NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

thanks, thought they were a great way to solve a problem. but not if everything tastes like rubber. I guess you could always wash hands with it and drink beer :-)

Comment

There may be a bladder tank out there that does'nt put that horrible rubber taste into the water, but I have'nt heard of one. If someone tells you about one just make sure it's first hand knowledge and try it for yourself ...or theres always your idea
        Sandgroper.
        NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

this is the one I was thinking about
          http://www.flexitank.com.au/4wdflexitanksaustralia.asp

Comment

I don't know anyone who has used one of those tanks, maybe they're OK, but I would suggest sampling some water from one of the tanks before handing over your hard earned.
            Sandgroper.

Comment

Personally, I use a 25 litre fuel tank for a boat (complete with squeeze bulb!)
              Peter
              2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

Peterdeg - how have you secured the boat fuel tank in the rear well? do you just use the squeeze bulb to creat a siphon?
                2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Comment

Lined the well with glad wrap.
                  Wrapped the tank in glad wrap.
                  Sprayed some expanding foam into the well.
                  Sat the tank in the foam.
                  Waited several days for the damn stuff to go off!
                  In the end, I had to take the foam out (it had started to set) and slowly peel off the glad wrap to expose it to the air so it could totally cure.

It's enough to stop the tank sliding around. Apart from that there's nothing else holding it in place. Yes, I use the bulb to start siphoning (very slow). If the back is empty (ie. once camp is set up), a jiggle siphon is quicker.

I set this up for an outback trip we did a couple of years ago. A couple of the roads were a little remote, so it was mainly to be the untouched emergency supply.

Tip. If you do go the boat tank route, get one without a gauge. The rods the float attaches to rust severely.
                  Peter
                  2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

I use 10 litre plastic water containers. They sit very well on their sides in the well, are easily removable to put them on a table if required and if one goes off (if refilled from a dodgy water supply) or gets a hole then the rest are still ok. A cheap solution.

Adrian

Comment

Just a quick question ???
                      Has anyone put in one of those Turtle brand deck tanks in this rear seat well with diesel ???
                      I imagine it would hold around 60 - 80 litres comfortably ??
                      Any ideas ?
                      PP
                      Great little Io then NL dual fuel then my first DiD NP followed by an NS DiD and now an NT RX DiD in the shed

Comment

nope never tried that, but not sure about fuel in the cabin. need to be careful about that

Comment

I have the 90litre flexitank mounted in the 3rd row seat well. It is fantastic. It has been through some very rough conditions without a problem.
                          I dont have any plastic taste in the water but I follow the directions which are set out by flexitank. That is, when I am not using it (between trips) I pull it out and let it dry out with all the fill and drain caps off.
                          thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                          1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

I just buy 5 litre boxes from supermarkets !! they are cheap and when empty the kids blow up the bladders and chuck them around /use them as pillows etc,,I suppose we have never really travelled far enough away from sivilisation to worry about a permanent solution..although i have seen bladders fitted behind cargo barriers with a hose/tap run to the door ,,I'd be tempted with that idea as it uses up wasted space,,
                            just my thaughts.
                            NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

Titchy...I used a 60lt plastic caravan water tank ...just remove some of the bits & pieces inside the well & it fits just nice ...support with some foam packing... I use a inline pump & a hose fitting which I uncoil to use ...run breather up beside seatbelt....may have to reposition jack mounting.....mine has been in for about 5 yrs and no trouble...keeps weight low & out of the way....have fun jungle

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X