Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery pack waeco raps 36

anyone own one ? Thinking of buying one to run my fridge cfx 50

any other options please let me know. Will be using the fridge for mainly road trips and dont want to run battery flat. Reason i dont want a dual system is because my car is a lease car and i change cars every 3 - 4 years.

ANy information appreciated.
    Iron Bark MY13 VRX NW Pajero 4WD Newbie.
    Ultimate suspension 2 inch lift, ARB Bull Bar, ARB High Intensity lights,Air Tech Snorkel, Rhino Roof platform, Mickey Thompson STZ, Clarion DVD Screen,Waeco CFX 50 Fridge ,UltraGuage EM Plus, MM towbar,Bush Skinz Under Body Protection, Electronic Rust Protection and a few other bits and pieces.

In my opinion, it may be better than nothing, but not by much.

It's a 36Ah battery. Most dual battery systems install a much bigger battery - 60Ah would be small, 80 - 100Ah more common.

By Waeco's own admission, it will only run the fridge for a day, and will take 10 - 12 hours to fully recharge. How many hours each day will you be driving?

Overnight (while you're not driving) your fridge might draw 15 - 20Ah. If you have a decent starting battery, this won't be a problem, and your alternator will easily restore this in a few hours of driving.

Probably better than nothing, but I don't see it as value for money. Spend the money on a decent starting battery, and save the space and weight in your load area.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

+1. Very expensive for what they are.

Actually, You'd be better off buying a second battery and a battery box and cart that around. You could run more than just the fridge then.
      Last edited by Barneymutt; 10-11-13, 09:11 AM. Reason: More info.

Comment

what starting batter would you recommend ? It is for a nw my 13 pajero vrx.

If i was to use the fridge on a daily basis i would be better off buying a dual battery set up wouldnt i ? What brand of dual battery system is good ? I am after quality. If i pay a few 00 and get 4 years out of it id be happy

all information appreciated.

Where would the second battery be located ? boot ?
        Ultimate suspension 2 inch lift, ARB Bull Bar, ARB High Intensity lights,Air Tech Snorkel, Rhino Roof platform, Mickey Thompson STZ, Clarion DVD Screen,Waeco CFX 50 Fridge ,UltraGuage EM Plus, MM towbar,Bush Skinz Under Body Protection, Electronic Rust Protection and a few other bits and pieces.

Comment

if anyone from brisbane qld know of any decent places that can set me up a dual battery system for a nw pajero could you point me in the right direction .

I think i will go with the dual battery system

Comment

4WD shop or auto electrician is the easiest answer. You could possibly get a tax deduction for the " repair ".
            MY05 Exceed Di-D Auto, TuneIt chip, Turbo Timer, Aux.Trans cooler, Low Water Alarm, 20" Light bar, Bilsteins, H/D rear springs, B/Stone D697 L/T tyres, TPMS, MCC Alloy Bar,+90Narva H/L globes, Roof Console w/-GME 3340 uhf.Magellen GPS & Hema Hn6,Ark battery box w/-135a/h GEL, 60Lt FridgeMate,100W Solar, Ctec Dc-DC charger, Rola Aero Bars, UpTop Awning, Wheelie Bin, WetSeat covers, Crash cam.
            Towing. '00 Gazal Infinity ATV 18' Caravan.
            http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/smallsig-metric/93405.png

Comment

i have the raps 36 and is great for specific situations, namely if doing a standing camp i can take it out of the vehicle and run the fridge standalone with a 120 w solar panel and will get 3 or 4 days of running the fridge easily. I also have a supercheap version which is nearly half the price and has a bigger battery as well, downside too that one is it is a little bigger.

As i tend to camp with larger groups i often run 2 or 3 fridges and the second battery cant be expected to cope with that sort of demand. The big advantage both packs have is they are robust, portable and sealed with outllets on the unit, so can be plugged in to the vehicle in the back of the car and taken out as easily and fridge can just be plugged into it.

You could achieve the same result using an agm battery, some narva outlets and a battery box but cost becomes similar and they are not as robust ( read teenager proof)

Comes down to what sort of camping you are doing, if i am touring out of the vehicle I just use my dual battery setup , if i am doing a standing camp i use the battery packs with solar panels, although i always carry the raps when touring as my safety factor for the fridge.
              Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
              Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X