Longest platform or rack you can place on the NT Paj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longest platform or rack you can place on the NT Paj

Looking for anyone that has a long platform or rack on their Pajero with roof rails for some info.
    I managed to snag a large OL Trackmaster / Wind Cheetah alloy platform rack. It is 2140 x 1350.

In searching the site, found that most NS/NT owners are using a rack that is around the 1800 long mark.
    Currently it has 6 legs for the track system, so will look at getting the legs to attach to the existing roof rails for it.
    But will there be an issue with having such a large rack on the Paj? Bending from the front attachment points? I believe it is pretty sturdy, and wont be placing a load solely at the front.
    Or should I just on sell it, recoup my money and try again?

Sorry about the poor quality pics, but shows it sitting on top of the Paj for perspective.

cheers,
    Attached Files
    NM Pajero Exceed DiD - RETIRED

2011 NT RX DiD Auto. - SOLD

Rhino's Pioneer platform is 1928mm.

http://www.rhinorack.com.au/products...1236mm-_44102b

I think another 200mm probably won't worry things, so long as you load it properly.
    2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

Thanks for the link Dion, puts my mind at ease. I was afraid it would look a bit stupid and was considering getting it cut down, but will try it on for size as it is first. I can always get it cut down later if needs be.
      Just need to get the legs for it now, holy cow but they are expensive. Might go the adapters to Rhino legs.
      Cheers,
      NM Pajero Exceed DiD - RETIRED

2011 NT RX DiD Auto. - SOLD

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X