Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen 4 - Rear Wheel Bin Bags?

Hey guys,

Just after some info from any of those who use a rear wheel bag on a gen4?

Its the thing that annoys me the most about my NT is the stupid wheel cover/numberplate thing...

I was considering removing it and attatching a numberplate to the bag with cable ties and running a small numberplate light to the trailer socket to keep things legal, but after looking at the cover and the way it hinges, its not really an option...

Putting the bag straight over the cover would likely result in scratching the hell out of the glossy black?

Any hints on what others do would be great!

Cheers,

Matt
    | 2010 NT Pajero GLS Manual DiD |

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
    | Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
    | Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
    | GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Purchased But Still To Fit - | MMA Spare Wheel Lift |

So you're not concerned about the reversing camera?

I was thinking about a framed bag, with number plate, light and camera attached to the frame - hadn't thought about scratching the wheel cover...

There is a plug & socket for the camera, probably the same for the number plate light. There are cheap camera and light modules available on ebay, but factory camera uses 6.6V, not 12.

Too busy playing with other projects at the moment...
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

I don't have the reverse camera, so no issues there....

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
      | Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
      | Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
      | GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Comment

I'll be doing this mod from the South African guys once I finish some other projects
        Attached Files
        2009 NT GLS DiD 5spd - ARB Deluxe bar, Tigerz11 12,000lbs Winch, Airtec Snorkel, ARB Front Locker, TJM Rear Locker, Hankook AT-M 265/70/17, Bilsteins, Lovells HD 50mm, Bushskinz Intercooler, Sump, Trans & Transfer Case Guards, Brown Davis long range tank, Pioneer Head Unit, ARB Dual Battery Tray, Redarc SBI12, GME TX3440, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Stebel alarm & car horns, Rhino Pioneer Platform rack, DIY (Rear Shelf, Sliders, Fridge Slide), Ultragauge, 3" Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by eman View Post
          I'll be doing this mod from the South African guys once I finish some other projects
          I like that.

that cover is a PIA.

Michael.
          2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

Comment

Looking forward to hearing whats involved!

Comment

My plastic wheel cover was already damaged with a white pole next to a white wall so I didn't care if it became more scratched so happily use my super cheap bag
              NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
              Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

Have you noticed any more scratching since using the bag?

(It might be more resilient than it looks, but i dont wanna find out the hard way)

Comment

Originally posted by eman View Post
                  Are you planning on building the rear bar also or just attaching the number plate to the rear bumper?
                  2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Probably do the rear bar also, depends on what I can bolt up to as the rear air con may get in the way
                    2009 NT GLS DiD 5spd - ARB Deluxe bar, Tigerz11 12,000lbs Winch, Airtec Snorkel, ARB Front Locker, TJM Rear Locker, Hankook AT-M 265/70/17, Bilsteins, Lovells HD 50mm, Bushskinz Intercooler, Sump, Trans & Transfer Case Guards, Brown Davis long range tank, Pioneer Head Unit, ARB Dual Battery Tray, Redarc SBI12, GME TX3440, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Stebel alarm & car horns, Rhino Pioneer Platform rack, DIY (Rear Shelf, Sliders, Fridge Slide), Ultragauge, 3" Exhaust

Comment

I saw a picture on here somewhere of a Gen 4 that had a dual wheel carrier on the back with a plate that looked similar to that one covering where the wheel cover used to go. From memory it was done by Off Road Equipment in Perth and I think it might have been Thommo238s vehicle. I might be over simplifying it but I'm guessing that would do 90% of what you need to do this. Once that's on you could just bolt a bracket to it to mount the wheel on.
                      2005 NP Platinum 3.2 DID Auto, Lovells HD springs, Bilstein shocks, Firestone Airbags, ARB bar, Warn XD 9000 winch, IPF 900 Xtreme Sport lights, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, Outback Accessories rock sliders, GME 3200 UHF, CTEK Dc to Dc Dual Battery system, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tyres, Torque Converter lock-up kit, Safari snorkel, Taipan high performance exhaust, LRA 66lt long range fuel tank.

Comment

That SA Pajero looks absolutely awesome! Makes me want to get mine respected in matte olive drab green!

Comment

...I like the look of that SA Pajero as well.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X