Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Traction control & Rear Diff Lock on Gen 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
    You should be thinking of using a locker as a pro-active device rather than a reactive device. It's best to have the locker/s engaged before tackling the obstacle, not when you are half way through it. You will still need to slow to crawl speeds to engage the ARB locker/s and also best to engage on trailing throttle to avoid damaging the locker.

thanks,
    2000 NM Exceed Auto V6 3.5

Comment

Maybe you should spend some money on a quality 4WDing course, you will learn heaps about tyre pressures, lockers, etc and most importantly what your 4X4 can do as it is right now.

I 4WDed for years before I got a diff lock (Lokka auto diff lock) in my previous Patrol, the diff lock didn't get me that much further, just much slower and controlled. And it only really helped in rocks/wheel lifting terrain, didn't do much for me on the beach or gravel.
      SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
      NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

Originally posted by Nab View Post
        I 4WDed for years before I got a diff lock (Lokka auto diff lock) in my previous Patrol, the diff lock didn't get me that much further, just much slower and controlled. And it only really helped in rocks/wheel lifting terrain, didn't do much for me on the beach or gravel.
        The diff lock has helped on extremely soft sand. One time on a soft beach the car sunk to the rails. Traction control was useless as all the wheels were equally in the same soft sand. It was braking alternate sides but not providing any grip. One I activated the RDL, three wheels were forced to spin together and slowly dragged the car out.

Comment

Hello,

Sorry for reviving this post, but I couldn't find one with the exact thing I'm looking for and this seems to be the closest one.

I have a 2016 montero GLS 3.2 DiD that came with traction control but no factory rear diff lock. Could it be possible to retrofit the OEM lock from a 2001~2006 montero to it? If so, what modifications would I have to do, or would it be just plug and play? I know there are aftermarket options, but getting an OEM one from a scrapped vehicle would be WAY cheaper in my case.

Waiting for someone to enlighten me,
          Alexander V.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X