Vision X Hid Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vision X Hid Lights

Hi all I'm looking for some spot lights and came across these VISION X HID new in Australia but getting good reviews $795 which is cheap for HID lights they say once you use HID lights you will never go back to halogen,Has anyone heard of or used these lights ????
    http://www.sidewinder.com.au/page99.html
    http://www.bigred4x4.com/vision-x-driving-lights

Hilli
    HILLI

2007 DID VRX AUTO F/P /ARB BAR / KING SPRINGS / X-VISION-HID SPOTI'S./18" MICKY T's

imho for a 4wd they are a bit of overkill. At the speeds you should be driving your 4wd you probably wont outdrive your headlights. Ive seen some good Hellas on ebay for around $150 buy them, stick em on and with the other $600 invite us all round for a barbie.

Comment

I've heard people complaining about their HID Lightforce 240. They said they were too bright, the light reflecting back off all the roadside signs at night is blinding
      Sandgroper.
      NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

Sandgroper , I have the LightForce 240 & you do get reflection from the larger signs.But I really wouldn't say it's a problem as some of the traffic coming towards you can have the same effect on your vision at times. In Roo country you need to have lights that turn night into day, love them wouldn't buy anything else.
        Dual Battery
        80Ltr Waeco
        91Ltr Longrange Tank
        3" Lovells/Bilstein
        3” Exhaust
        Winch
        NP 05 DID

Comment

I've got a set of Hella 4000's that I've inserted a HID kit into (http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...p?t=516&page=4). For the roads I travel I find them great when truly needed. I started out with two spots, tried two spread and have now settled on a spread and a spot. The spots were like driving down a tunel, and the spread were simplly lighting up too much countryside each side of the road. At a guess I get 500-600m of even illumination of the road and roadsides and the spot extends out to about 800m - all of this being good bright white light (similar to daylight).

I tend to agree that HID are too bright if the roads you mostly travel at night require dipping them every few minutes for oncoming traffic. If this is the case I normally flick them off and just use normal high beam. Another question is what do you recon your low beam is like? HID's certainly show you how little light there is on low beam.

As for signs lighting up like heavens gates you just have to be aware of it and either dip them or not stare at the sign like a deer caught in the headlights.

I find HID's really come into their own on lesser travelled backroads and off road at night, so if this matches yor driving I recon you'll be very happy.
          Last edited by Eastie; 20-09-07, 11:10 PM.
          NS oil burner shorty

Comment

I have brought a set of HID bi-xenon 1200K (and a pair of 6000K if the cops tell me to change them) and i didnt pay $795 all i payed was $105 threw ebay, It is exactly the same as the more expensive brands. Also there are heaps of shops on ebay selling only HID conversions, so there is plenty of competition for prices.

And your right once you go HID youll never go back to halogen, the light emmited is so much better and brighter there is no comparing it to halogen
            Last edited by luifly; 03-11-07, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Hilli, this is an old thread but did you ever get the Vision X HID's?

I noticed that Sidewinder are now doing them for $600/pair and I was interested in getting some.
              thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
              1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

If they are good quality it would be worth a look. Just for comparison at exactly the same price I've retrofitted hella 4000's and the cost was 200 per light and the HID kit I used retails for 200.
                NS oil burner shorty

Comment

Originally posted by Eastie View Post
                  If they are good quality it would be worth a look. Just for comparison at exactly the same price I've retrofitted hella 4000's and the cost was 200 per light and the HID kit I used retails for 200.

So that makes it $600 for a pair of lights, which is the same as the Vision X HID's. The good thing about the Vision X lights is that the starter and ballast are all inside the light fitting so much easier to fit. Also, apparently they have a new improved silicon seal. A lot of people have complained that the Hella 4000's leak like a sieve.
                  thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                  1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Exactly, if the vision x uses a good housing and decent lense they are a bargain at $600. I modified the 4000's as it was the best quality/cheapest option for a good HID setup at the time (I'd probably make the same choice again). I've had previous sets of the 4000's through water and they do fill up if you stop - not too much of a problem if you're aware of it.
                    NS oil burner shorty

Comment

I brought them from sidewinder for $795 a pair with covers & wiring loom, they are getting fitted today along with ARB bar & King springs, I let you know what they are like in a few days. The 4x4 Store sell the same light for $705 each with covers & wiring loom extra$$$.
                      http://www.4x4store.com.au/Vision-X-...-pr-99500.html

http://www.sidewinder.com.au/page99.html

HILLI

2007 DID VRX AUTO F/P /ARB BAR / KING SPRINGS / X-VISION-HID SPOTI'S./18" MICKY T's

Comment

New toys!
                        I recon you'll be pretty happy
                        NS oil burner shorty

Comment

Bar & Lights are on they ran out of time for the spring's so have to wait til Thursday. Lights work well they say they are good for 1500mtrs but I don't think I could see that far anyway.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                          HILLI

Comment

Now, I'm sold. They look great, I will definately get a pair. The bar look good too, you have done what I plan to do, that is go for the silver bar.

Do you know what color silver you used?
                            thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                            1987 Range Rover Ute

Comment

Walker the mm code is AC11169 (My bar was made on 24/25th for OL in Orange) hope that helps.

Allan
                              HILLI

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X