Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who does Wildcat extractors in Melbourne?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who does Wildcat extractors in Melbourne?

Looking at a set of extractors for the NM - never had a set fitted before, anyone had it done in Melbourne before? Any recommendations?
    Ben

Try DADDLER exhausts in Box Hill they qutoed low 700's when i asked a for a quote.
    Let me know how you get on if you go ahead with it.

Regards

Comment

Thanks.

Was hoping to hear they were cheaper - someone on the board posted they had a set fitted in Hobart for $680, figured they might be a bit cheaper on the mainland.
      Ben

Comment

Geez - got a quote last week - $855 fitted at one place. Might try the Box Hill mob you mentioned.
        Ben

Comment

I phoned Daalders at Box Hill for a quote today and they quoted $629 fitted for Wildcats on my NM 3.5. Sounds pretty cheap. Has anyone else had Wildcats done recently
          2002 NM 3.5 Auto - ECB Alloy Bullbar, BFG A/T's, 110ah AGM battery mounted in rear seat well, Wildcat headers, Lovells springs, KYB Scorched 4 shocks, Polyairs, Rhino track mounts and alloy tray.

Comment

That is very cheap. Jump on it if you can. Who did you speak too?
            I went in last week and the fellow there said that wildcat dont do them. I reckon he had no idea. I was pushed for time and left.

Shame pacemaker dont do them cause i have a contact that could do them very cheap for me..

Regards

Comment

i have them on my nm 3.5. purchased them myself for about $525.00, then put them on myself , piece of piss.

Comment

Thanks for that Russ - I'll give them a call as well. Much better price.
                Ben

Comment

Had the wildcats fitted today. $629 fitted at Daadlers Box Hill. Phone 9890 4444. I got the quote from a guy named Alan but dealt with Shane Clarke today. I Told him I would let the Pajero Club forum know out it.
                  Unfortunately the invoice did not itemise the parts and labour.
                  2002 NM 3.5 Auto - ECB Alloy Bullbar, BFG A/T's, 110ah AGM battery mounted in rear seat well, Wildcat headers, Lovells springs, KYB Scorched 4 shocks, Polyairs, Rhino track mounts and alloy tray.

Comment

Ta thanks for posting. Whats it drive now with the wildcats?

Regards

Comment

Thanks for the info Russ - I've got my O2 sensor I was waiting on, so I'll be making a booking tomorrow.

*VERY* keen to hear how it drives! Any noticeable differences? How many KM do you have on your engine, and I assume that they swapped the old O2 sensor over?
                      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by wrexed03 View Post
                        Ta thanks for posting. Whats it drive now with the wildcats?

Regards
                        Did not notice any real difference in the trip home from the workshop. Certainly no negative performance as a result. Will get a better idea when I have travelled a few more k's. Can notice that it has a bit more 'notey' sound under acceleration.
                        I only changed because my left manifold had cracked (115,000 klm) and at $700 per side MMA was too expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by bgiddins View Post
                          Thanks for the info Russ - I've got my O2 sensor I was waiting on, so I'll be making a booking tomorrow.

*VERY* keen to hear how it drives! Any noticeable differences? How many KM do you have on your engine, and I assume that they swapped the old O2 sensor over?
                          Ben,

They did swap the old O2 sensor as part of that price. I think my previous post answered your other questions. (did not read your post before sending previous response)

Comment

Hmm - I was hoping you'd had a performance gain.

Replacing the sensor in mine at the same time - don't think it's in the Mitsu service book but I've heard they should be renewed every 100,000km - I'm at 106,000km so I'll see if I get a noticeable gain. Sensor was $148 delivered from eBay.
                            Ben

Comment

Picked mine up this afternoon - also $629 fitted. I had the O2 sensor replaced as well with an NTK I picked up off eBay for $148 (and a windscreen at the same time!).

Noticeable driving difference - I'd previously complained about a loss of low-end power, this is all but rectified. Much more responsive low down - haven't been able to get onto a freeway yet to try it over 60kmh. Slightly throatier sound too. Happy with the results so far!

Anxious to see how the economy goes over the next couple of tanks. Won't be possible to determine if any improvement is due to specifically either the extracters or the sensor change as they went in at the same time. I've also bought a foam Unifilter, but I will wait a while before fitting this to see if I can record any additional changes in economy.
                              Ben

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X