Thoughts..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts..

I came across this the other day and now it has me thinking... There is space Between the rear door and the draws i have fitted to mount on the inside of the rear door for the camp stove and a few basic cooking things.... This was fitted to a Pootrol... and only 120mm deep..
    My Question is, Do you think the rear door of a Pajero could handle something like this weight wise?720x420x120deep.jpg

Gemster....
    YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
    And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
    ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Hi Gemster. No-one seems to ask this question before hanging huge tyres on the outside of the door. I reckon it will be fine provided you have a lightish tyre/wheel on the outside. Don't push the envelope both ways.
    =-( Sadly bought back: 99 NL Shortie. In a-peeling blue
    =-) Happily replaced by: 98 NL LWB Diesel

Comment

Something like this seems to be a great idea. But the pictured unit looks to be made of 19mm melamine coated chipboard, a very heavy material A lighter construction would be better
      2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Dunlop ATG3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, more to come...

Comment

Thanks for the Replies........This will be mounted on the inside of the rear door.... Yes i noticed the material it's made with... I think 12mm ply would be better weight wise... And perhaps not as big.... I have made all my rear drawers, so I think i know what im building... just concerned about the weight... Its only going to hold a camp stove, knives and forks, a few plates and my BBQ Sauce..
        Sick of un-packing half the car to get everything together for a feed...

Gemster
        YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...

Comment

Is it possible to have the height set up in such a way that when you close the door, the unit rests on the floor? This would give it extra support in the rough stuff.
          2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Dunlop ATG3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, more to come...

Comment

Now thats a good thought there Two Emms... And yes i travel on a lot of Corrugated roads so may be the solution to support the weight...

Gemster....

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X