Roof racks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof racks

OK so hopefully I have put this in the right section.

I am getting to the stage where I want to make my own roof rack. the reason is simple, I cannot find what I want out there. I have a Gen2 whihc I would love to put a full length rack on, but they seem to only be able 3/4 length. Ideally I want to over hang the rear door and potentially the front slightly too but I am not sure as yet, The car is white so I am hoping to have light bar up top but not reflect off the bonnet.

The rear over hang is so that lighting can point back as well as down for when looking through drawers etc. I have seen you can get 1/4 length racks but they will not sit in the front of a 3/4 rack bolted back. any ideas or thoughts.?

Yes I can weld and yes and can engineer stuff so that is not hard but just want more input

Oh and ideally if I make this work for me I might make one for my daughter's gen3 we just picked up
    95 White LWB Panda coloured GLS TD28 running 18psi 2inch lift, 2 inch body lift, factory rear LSD maxxis bighorn muddies 25,000klms after total engine rebuild - Club reged Currently around 307,000klms

Daughters - 2003 NP Exceed Silver Bone stoke getting a engine rebuild after a Major overheat (previous owner) - My current project

do you need it full length for storage or would a bracket to support the rear light on a 3/4 be sufficient?

Comment

Hmmm, never thought of that,

I was more thinking about trying to use the whole roof space and also hang the light off of the storage. For me I didnt want to put a roof top tent on and loose all that storage, similarly i wanted the rack mounted forward so that the light on it facing forward wouldnt reflect off the bonnet (ie white bonnet)

Honestly I dont know what I want really more thinking about ideas. I cannot put tyres up on the roof as my body wouldnt let me lift them there. As it is the back door spare is a struggle. I wouldnt put fuel up there either so I am thinking say luggage in a tub or three as so that when I go away and have 7 up I dont loose space. If that makes sense.
      95 White LWB Panda coloured GLS TD28 running 18psi 2inch lift, 2 inch body lift, factory rear LSD maxxis bighorn muddies 25,000klms after total engine rebuild - Club reged Currently around 307,000klms

Daughters - 2003 NP Exceed Silver Bone stoke getting a engine rebuild after a Major overheat (previous owner) - My current project

Comment

Just get two and join them.
        02 NM Pajero 3.2 DID Auto with Snorkel, Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller, Kinugawa 15T Hybrid turbo with 56mm Billet compressor wheel and extended tips, Cat Delete, EGR Removal, ECU Piggyback Chip, Raw Nitro shockies, 22” Black Rhino wheels with Black Bear A/T tyres, EGT, boost and engine temp gauges, catch can, Synergy 4b Ronbox, K&N air filter, 3” dump pipe, 320x300 Front mount intercooler with 3” polished inlet piping, plus other mods

99 Challenger 2.8td auto Sold

Comment

Yes that is what I was thinking but i didnt know whether they would fit or if I bought a 1/4 roof one whether a "full" roof and a 1/4 would actually fit. guess I am going to have to try it

Comment

Working...
          X