Waste Oil disposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waste Oil disposal

Wondering how others dispose of there waste oil ?
    I was turned away from the waste recycle center last week and now have 4 x6 liters of waste sump oil to get rid of very tempting to dump them in the next doors bin on garage night

A local mechanic might dispose of it for you, they may charge you a disposal fee though. All mine goes to the disposal centre at the local tip.
    Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

Into old oil container then into bin.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard View Post
        Wondering how others dispose of there waste oil ?
        Check website of your council.

Originally posted by chriso of penrith View Post
        Into old oil container then into bin.
        That's illegal
        Waste You Can't Put In Your Bin
        • Hot ashes
        • Syringes
        • Unwrapped vacuum dust
        • Gas bottles and fire extinguishers
        • Timber, bricks, soil, concrete and other building materials
        • Hard waste such as appliances, engine parts
        • Oil and paints
        • Chemicals and solvents
        • Any other liquids
        For sale from September:NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Auto \ Bushskinz intercooler+sump\ Dobinsons Raised + KYB Scorched4

Comment

Originally posted by maasau View Post
          Check website of your council.

That's illegal
          Waste You Can't Put In Your Bin
          • Hot ashes
          • Syringes
          • Unwrapped vacuum dust
          • Gas bottles and fire extinguishers
          • Timber, bricks, soil, concrete and other building materials
          • Hard waste such as appliances, engine parts
          • Oil and paints
          • Chemicals and solvents
          • Any other liquids
          I dont care. If you only know where it all goes. Most of the stuff pple responsibly dispose of just gets buried with the rest of it.
          its a big scam.

Comment

yes i have seem the big dozers drive the bin waiste into a hole in the ground and within 6 months we now have a new footy field or even a new land site for building the dream home on. where does oil originally come from ?
            NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Originally posted by chriso of penrith View Post
              I dont care. If you only know where it all goes. Most of the stuff pple responsibly dispose of just gets buried with the rest of it.
              its a big scam.

I know what you mean by scam I have witnessed 2 full 8m2 containers of plastic bottles/ paper dumped down the hole with rubbish at the recycle center when I asked the tip manager why they did it he said the containers were full and they cant take all the recyclable stuff because there's no need for it That was the last time I ever separated my rubbish into ""appropriate"" bins

Comment

My local council takes my used engine oil off my hands. I can drop it off at one of their depot's on the 2nd and last sunday of every month.
                2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

as i said, if it comes from the ground its welcome to be returned to the ground. dig a pit and add a couple of bags of stones to surface level , then you have your own oil waiste pit.
                  NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Originally posted by dolphin View Post
                    as i said, if it comes from the ground its welcome to be returned to the ground. dig a pit and add a couple of bags of stones to surface level , then you have your own oil waiste pit.

the fines for doing this in victoria in a private residence are upwards of $5000 NOWADAYS PLUS THE CLEAN UP COSTS, which are around $2000 a tonne of soil. 5 litres of oil can contaminate approx 5 tonne of soil.

Not worth it in my book, have seen people prosecuted for it when they tipped sump oil down the drain in their backyard, epa simply traced the stain back to the property and charged the owners after someone complained that the petrol station in front of the residence ( different properties an d streets but same but common fenceline). Mind you the EPA mad the service station conduct multiple tests to prove the contamination wasn't from the site ( at a high cost) before they simply followed the oil stain.
                    Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
                    Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

My local picks up recycling once a fortnight. They pick up my used oil at the same time. Supposedly, they only collect 5L bottles, however I've been putting 20L drums out for years without issue. They wouldn't take milk or soft drink bottles of it though (tried that once). I always make sure the drum is clean and clearly marked "used engine oil"
                      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. My14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

Love from the dime a dozen, lonely army type/weekend warrior dude with a dual cab and all the same shit as everyone else who doesn't know any better. Thanks for the tip Bru.

NX buildhttps://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ive%5B1%5D.gif

My Journeys

Comment

My local tip collects up to 20L free of charge

Comment

my feelings are; i own my land and if i want to dig a hole in my ground to dispose of unwanted minerals [ oil ] i can do it. think the depth limit is 6 foot

Comment

My local tip takes it for free, but they say only 4 ltrs at a time. I normally take up to 100ltrs at a time with no problem.
                            Cheers,
                            Andrew.
                            Cheers,
                            Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
                            Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

Originally posted by Herman4x4 View Post
                              My local tip takes it for free, but they say only 4 ltrs at a time. I normally take up to 100ltrs at a time with no problem.
                              Cheers,
                              Andrew.
                              yes and where does the Tip tip it ?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X