Hinged Rear Titan Drawers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hinged Rear Titan Drawers

Hi All -this is my first post on the Forum, so I'll keep it brief to avoid making an oops.

We're all familiar with the valuable sub-floor storage space underneath the third-row seats. I wanted drawers however keeping the sub-floor access without spending a small fortune was challenging.

So, I managed to put my Titan drawers on hinges with gas struts, saving the storage space. So far so good - there haven't been any issues with it staying together when off-road.

I haven't posted any photos, instead here is a link to the YouTube video describing what I did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AizH9QIZnc

Enjoy

Brilliant
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.

Comment

Biggest drawback is the 70kg weight of the drawers. I ended up just using 60 litre plastic fish tubs with lids. Heaps easier and most trips involve some sort of rearrangement of gear . That 70 kg is the equivalent of 2 x 120 amp/hr agms in the rear tub. Good idea but I,d get rid of the gate lock and get a spring loaded one as used on camper trailers.
      Attached Files
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
      If you take life too seriously you will never get out alive....

Telegraph X camper

Comment

I agree about the weight. I had to get rid of Titan drawers and replaced them with Drifta to save what I could on weight when towing, it was that close to being over. Drifta were half the weight but 5 times the price.
        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.

Comment

I tried the spring locks however it was a pain fitting them in as the floor is uneven, and the locks needed enough space at the side to pull out - this wouldn't work because I now have my compressor bolted to the floor at the side too. The spring locks at Bunnings were too big - I'll keep an eye out at other stores for a better size/fit.
          The third row seats are pretty heavy too - I didn't weigh them - so overall there wouldn't be much difference between the drawers and the removed seats.

Comment

That's nice work
            2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Dunlop ATG3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge MX 1.4, Uniden 8080s, more to come...

Comment

Brilliant concept. I agree about the weight of the drawers, but most of the drawers would not be far behind. My only other comment would be the padbolts and caribeeners rattling. Maybe some padding around them?

Comment

Originally posted by t-dawg67 View Post
                I tried the spring locks however it was a pain fitting them in as the floor is uneven, and the locks needed enough space at the side to pull out - this wouldn't work because I now have my compressor bolted to the floor at the side too. The spring locks at Bunnings were too big - I'll keep an eye out at other stores for a better size/fit.
                The third row seats are pretty heavy too - I didn't weigh them - so overall there wouldn't be much difference between the drawers and the removed seats.

3rd seats would be about 25kg . Guess only.
                Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
                If you take life too seriously you will never get out alive....

Telegraph X camper

Comment

And then you add the weight of all the gear in the drawers (which are 70kg empty) and the underneath storage area, it will be a lot more than the weight of the seats.

No big deal if you aren't towing but add some ball weight around 200kg and every little bit of weight savings matters.

It's even worse if you have the aux fuel tank full as well.

Comment

My drawers from Off Road Systems are aluminium and much lighter than the steel equivalent. They were a little more expensive but worth it.

Comment

Gotta thank this lad for this share I copied his video and it worked a treat https://www.facebook.com/Neilso69/vi...8603477375140/
                      NT 2010 Black beast , Dual Batt, Smart charge,17" wheels, 2" lift kit, Anderson at rear , Remapped to 175Kw , Rhino Racks , Ali cage.....Next to Fit is Stainless Snorkel , Deep dish Chromeys, Decent Bullbar,headrest monitors and Straight through Exhaust system

Comment

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                        I agree about the weight. I had to get rid of Titan drawers and replaced them with Drifta to save what I could on weight when towing, it was that close to being over. Drifta were half the weight but 5 times the price.
                        The XTM drawers are 55kg with one fridge slide and one fixed top version @ 2x times Titan $. Much better made as well.
                        MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries, Redarc BCDC, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, Boo's bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65R18, TPMS, Dobinson/Kings HD 45mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, TC mod, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator cooler bypass, KAON barrier, MM nudgebar, Fyrlyt Luxsis 5000. Stockman allroada pod trailer with ARB Simpson 3 RTT.

Comment

Absolutely love it, shame that the rear seat has to fold forward for it to work 😞😞😞

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X