Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocate phone cradle/charger

G'day team,

I want to relocate my phone cradle to the vent on the right of my steering wheel. (NT Pajero). Has anyone done this and powered/hard wired the cradle from under the dash? I don't want to route the power cord back to the cigarette lighter.

Cheers,

Matt.
    2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.

Hey bud

Have a search on tap a fuses or in line fuse. Used them a few times and are great with no need for splicing etc.. Since you want to relocate to right hand side of steering wheel a tap a fuse can go straight into fuse box locate just underneath where you want it.
    2008 NS X SWB DiD auto in cool silver, Pirelli Scorpion ATR's, MCC bull bar with Stedi Summit fog/DRL's, Airtec(TJM) snorkel.

Previously
    88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
    99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit

Comment

Here's a link to the Jaycar fuse taps https://www.jaycar.com.au/double-min...e-tap/p/SF5125. I've avoided anything on the dash or windscreen on the RHS of my steering wheel because of the A pillar airbag, presumably if you keep it low enough in a vent mount you wouldn't risk wearing it in case of airbag deployment?

Comment

Nice work! Thanks for the heads up. I have never used the fuse taps before. I can recall taping into a fuse to add accessories to my HZ, but nothing as as secure as the fuse tap device. I might even look to see if there is fuse tap to USB!

Yeah Wazza, Its a vent mounted cradle, so should avoid the airbag deployment. Very good point though, I had not considered that.
        Last edited by NTX; 1 week ago.
        2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.

Comment

The side curtain airbags come downwards from the edge of the roof lining not from the A pillar on a Pajero. The front most part of the curtain airbag is in line with the top of the A pillar plastic cover. See link to video below as it may assist in locating your cradle.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M_rdURNlBF4
          2008 NS X SWB DiD auto in cool silver, Pirelli Scorpion ATR's, MCC bull bar with Stedi Summit fog/DRL's, Airtec(TJM) snorkel.

Previously
          88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
          92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
          92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
          95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
          99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X