Rear HF Antenna mount for Codan 3040 etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear HF Antenna mount for Codan 3040 etc

After a lot of online searching and phone calls I finally found someone who would design and fabricate a rear HF antenna mount for my NX Pajero. Tune Works Newcastle have a very skilled fabricator named Sean who said he could help me with my requirements and the result was much better than I expected. I left my vehicle with them for two days so Sean had plenty of time to do work his magic. I am extremely impressed with the result and the entire experience with Tune Works was first class ! They will be listing the antenna mounts on their website so if anyone wants one please contact them. There are more photos of the mount not installed on their Facebook page. I have no association with Tune Works just a very happy customer.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Hi Jwf
    Do you think that mount would suit a 9350 aerial ?

Regards Rob

Comment

Originally posted by JWF View Post
      After a lot of online searching and phone calls I finally found someone who would design and fabricate a rear HF antenna mount for my NX Pajero. Tune Works Newcastle have a very skilled fabricator named Sean who said he could help me with my requirements and the result was much better than I expected. I left my vehicle with them for two days so Sean had plenty of time to do work his magic. I am extremely impressed with the result and the entire experience with Tune Works was first class ! They will be listing the antenna mounts on their website so if anyone wants one please contact them. There are more photos of the mount not installed on their Facebook page. I have no association with Tune Works just a very happy customer.
      Hi JWF
      do you have the rear wheel lifter fitted?

Comment

Originally posted by RobMichelle View Post

Hi JWF
        do you have the rear wheel lifter fitted?
        I would doubt it, as the black top cover usually has to be removed to use the lifter.
        Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

Originally posted by spot01 View Post

I would doubt it, as the black top cover usually has to be removed to use the lifter.
          I did notice that it was on, so that bracket may not fit with lifter on?
          I have emailed Tuneworks a couple of times but had no reply so I will try call them this week.

Comment

Rob
            I don't have a wheel lifter fitted.
            A 9350 antenna will fit I have one and I have tried it but the whip is harder to fit due to the length of the antenna.
            I use stainless steel telescopic whips MFJ-1976 (26 inches collapsed, 10 feet extended) and an MFJ-1977 (26 inches collapsed, 12 feet extended) with Hustler QD-2 quick releases (very robust) so easy access is important to me. I use the 10 ft whip when driving around and carry the 12 ft whip as a spare or when stationary and the length is varied according to driving conditions.
            Tuneworks custom made my bracket and I am sure they can modify one to fit the wheel lift.
            MFJ and Hustler are American companies so all measurements are in imperial and due to my age I prefer using dinosaur measurements. The best place for price is an Australian dealer who sells amateur radio antennas and accessories via Gumtree, Les is his name and search for "amateur radio" when you are on the Gumtree web site, he is located in Castle Hill Sydney.
            John

Comment

Gday John
              Thanks for info, I’ll try tuneworks again or get one fabricated here, I’ll also check out antenna on gumtree,
              cheers
              Rob

Comment

Rob
                I hope you have success with getting an antenna mount fabricated and please keep me informed abut your progress.
                John

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X