Approach light fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approach light fuse

i have just fixed a problem I have been chasing for a week. I have my Dashcam wired into dashboard fuses 9 (cig lighter - switched supply) and 24 (approach lamp - permanent supply) powering a small control unit which keeps the Dashcam running when the engine is off. It also has a minimum voltage cutoff.
    My Dashcam stopped working and I checked both fuses which seemed ok but changed them anyway, no power. I then went through all of the wiring and couldn’t find a problem. Everything in the car seemed to be working normally.
    Finally a brainwave - what are approach lamps? They are the lights under the mirrors which come on when you unlock the doors - not working. But the fuse is OK?? More check g and discovered that the boot cig power plug is also not working - aha! I know from past hair tearing out that this ‘Accessory socket’ is fused in the engine bay fuse box - fuse 8. Changed that and everything fixed.
    So...fuse 24 inside the car is fed from fuse 8 in the engine bay.
    hope this helps someone
    Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Baintech powertop aux battery in cargo area (removable), Jaycar battery isolator, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Interesting point you raise here. I got my Max Elery W/S manual out and checked the wiring diagram for what I believe to be a NS model. It shows the front cigarette lighter as being fed from fuse No 4 and the ashtray & cig lighter lamps being fed from Fuse No 8,while the front and rear accessory socket are fed via an accessory relay via a 15 amp fuse No 10. No reference at all to Fuse No 24. Not that I am surprised - this book is not 100% accurate. For what it is worth, the wiring diagram is attached WirDiagCL_SRS_Acc.pdf
    Last edited by erad; 05-02-21, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I have the Ellery book and looked at - same result as you. I think it was written for pre-Gen 4 but tried to update it. Are approach lights just on Exceed?
      Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Baintech powertop aux battery in cargo area (removable), Jaycar battery isolator, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

The VRX in lwb and the X in swb also have approach lights as standard in the NS models.
        2008 NS X SWB DiD auto in cool silver, Pirelli Scorpion ATR's, MCC bull bar with Stedi Summit fog/DRL's, Airtec(TJM) snorkel.

Previously
        88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
        92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
        92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
        95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
        99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit

Comment

Working...
        X