Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inclometer

HI all,

Had to replace some instriment globes and seems my Inclometer has been repaired at some point and stuffed up. Has anyone else ever had them leak and if so what did they fill it again with. I'm certain it must have had some kind of clear fluid in it as there is some left though-out the indisde of the dash/console. Though sadly I'm not certain I'll be able to fix mine as I can't see a good way to fix it. The back is where it's broken, size of a ten cent bit of the clear plastic in the middle is brokern right off.

I guess I may even have to see if it can still be bought new or a decent unit from a wrecker.
    ---------------
    Cheers
    Wayne

1994 Pajero NJ LWB GLS 3L V6/TJM Bullbar/SCA Spotties/DVD/Rear Camera/Tint & more to come

A bit of a search in this forum will find previous posts on this.

I've repaired one by taking out the plastic at the back and cutting a disc from a plastic ice cream bucket (be deliberate, you want a neat fit) and siliconing it into place. Don't be overgenerous with the silicone as you don't want it getting into the works, just on the area where you want to seal. Then I've drilled out the filling hole on top and refilled the thing with paraffin oil (glycerine would also work) and finished by sealing it up with a rubber bung from Clark Rubber.

Been about 2 years now, so far so good.

Comment

I did search and not one thread came up sadly.
      ---------------
      Cheers
      Wayne

1994 Pajero NJ LWB GLS 3L V6/TJM Bullbar/SCA Spotties/DVD/Rear Camera/Tint & more to come

Comment

Hi Arrow , the post above is spot on ,I have done mine as well , cut out a new back from any suitable plastic ( not too heavy as it has to expand etc) and fitted it with Silastic, I drilled out the filler hole on the top, and filled it with liquid Parrafin ( woolies $3.00) and just sealed it with Silicone.You need to make sure it is filled right up to the bottom of the hole, with no air inside or when it is mounted it lays back a bit and any bubble will show in the top front ( I know , I redid mine to fix it).
        Good luck Cheers Des.

Comment

Mitcon, sorry I would've sworn there was a thread on this problem. Since found out that a mate has done a similar except he used glue rather than silicone to fix the new disc in place at the rear of the instrument.

Comment

Originally posted by arrow View Post
            Mitcon, sorry I would've sworn there was a thread on this problem. Since found out that a mate has done a similar except he used glue rather than silicone to fix the new disc in place at the rear of the instrument.
            Yer had the same problem with mine it was fixed 4 years ago with glue and a new disk fitted into back with glycarine. just repaired it last week with 2 pack epoxy as precious glue was soft from the oil mix i assume.. and was leaking now all ok prob 4 another 4 years..Good luck..
            GLS MQ Triton 2016 5 Speed Auto , Canopy , Nudge Bar ,UHF , LED Spoties.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X