Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Seat Entertainment System

Hey Guys

The RSE on my Platinum needs the security code. Mitsubishi say that they can give it to me if I pull the ceiling unit out and get the Serial # off it.

I found some instructions on the old site for removing the cover to access the RCA points but now I can't access it. Has anyone got tips on what I need to get off and how in order to see the serial#?

Trev
    Current ride. EP91 Starlet Auto
    Missus car: 2005 Platinum DiD Auto, H/R Towbar, Rhino Sportz Aero Bars, Redarc Isolator, Elec Brake Controller. 2" Lift and LT Tyres.

Hi Last Streetfighter,

I have an 04 Exceed and if the RSE is the same, the cover should prise off. The cable for the interior light will still be attached to the unit. Once the cover is off, if you cannot see the serial number, there are 4 screews holding it to the room.

Cheers
    Pajero MY05 Exceed, DVD / (infamous) Sat Nav, Petrol / Injected LPG, alloy bull bar, Blue Tongue compressor, Pirahna dual battery system, Cibie Oscar SC driving lights, UHF, Next G car kit, Waeco FF40, set Cooper ST's, cargo barrier and polyairs.

Comment

Cheers for that.
      I am a bit shy but with no response here before my deadline to start work, I got into it.

1: Yes, the cover does just prise off. There are 4 clips. Be Gentle but firm and take it off. I just used my fingers, but you could use a flat head screwy wrapped in a clean rag. Once the grey bit is off, you simply unclick the plug that runs power to the interior lights and put the bit aside for later.

2: Once that is off you need to undo the 4-8 (Depending on how many they could be bothered to fit) black screws that hold the whole thing on. I undid the gold screws and that was bad. The DVD unit then will dangle off it's RCA's and Power plug. You can yank them out a bit from the ceiling space to give yourself some room to move.

3: This is what the thing looks like that is left in the ceiling, with the dangly bits.

4: Turn the unit over; the serial number is on the back. It is actually on 2 different stickers. Now I just have to call up Mitsu and they reckon they can give me the code. Note: I took the photos in reverse order, so the first one is it actually working after I refitted (Also, I found one of the black screws rolling around in the unit when I had it on the dining table. They are a little fiddly to put in while the unit is overhead, so use a Magnetic Screwdriver. I guess the dealer lost a screw and CBF finding it again.
      Missus car: 2005 Platinum DiD Auto, H/R Towbar, Rhino Sportz Aero Bars, Redarc Isolator, Elec Brake Controller. 2" Lift and LT Tyres.

Comment

And after about 15 phonecalls to Mitsu dealer I finally have the security code to enter and it is working. They kept trying to tell me it was the same code as the radio (and it is not.)

Comment

Hi there, I have recently become the owner of a '05 Platinum Pajero. Had a similar problem with getting the code for my Eurovox DVD/Screen unit. Im curious to know where the 'other end' of the RCA lead comes out at? (as seen dangling from the roof in your pictures above). Does it come out behind the radio/CD or CD stacker? I assume you can plug something like a playstation into the 'other end' and use the overhead unit to display it (after selecting AUX). I was also wondering if anyone has any ideas on how you could connect the RCA line outs to the ORIGINAL head unit up front, so the audio from the DVD can be heard through the cars speakers. So if anyone has any ideas to either of these burning questions, it would be great to hear back from you.

Comment

Hi Graham

New Paj owner too - 06 VRX dont get it until next week though, not sure if RCA location will be the same, but mine is located in the rear wagon section adjacent the left hand side of the back seat, under a rectangular flap.
            '06 NS VRX DiD, Family Pack, OL Steel winch bar, ToughDog 2" lift, CSA Rims, Bridgestone D694 LTs, Adventure Daintree Camper. BushSkinz plates

Comment

Thanks for that Tabraky - when I get a chance I will have a look to see if the same applies in the '05 Platinum.

As a side note, I got around the problem of not being able to hook up the RSE to the original head unit by buying a Belkin FM transmitter off EBay for $25 and connected the Belkin unit to the RCA Audio out leads of the RSE. Just a matter of tuning the Original stereo into the Belkin FM tansmitter and you can listen to the DVD audio through the cars speakers!! The Belkin unit turns on and off automatically and it came with an external power supply that plugs into the lighter socket. I removed the socket end from the lead and hard-wired it into the power supply for the RSE. The whole lot tucks neatly around the RSE and is hidden by the dome light surround. So far it has worked a treat.

Comment

Great thread and walk thru. I tried to call 3 different Mitsubishi dealers and none could find the code for my unit. I then did a google on EuroVox and found this: http://www.eurovox.com.au/downloads/...%20Request.pdf

I figured $22 is worth my time (trying to call another 12 dealers @ 10 min each). They were very responsive, under 15 min after emailing the form in and I had the code and the DVD player working. I also placed an order for new foam earpads for the the headphones. We will see how long those take to post from Vic to BrisVegas.
                06 NP Exceed Petrol - Stock so far, AVN6000 w/GPS\Video Mod
                Mods Planned - bull bar, winch, lift, tires, dual battery, roof rack, tent/awning, LR tank, rear wheel carrier, ...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X