Ad below navbar

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driving lights two spreads or spread + spot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving lights two spreads or spread + spot?

I am after a set of Narva 225's but not sure which way to go
    Any thoughts?
    For sale from September:NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Auto \ Bushskinz intercooler+sump\ Dobinsons Raised + KYB Scorched4

What sort of driving do you need them for? Are you going with halogen or HID? Will you possibly fit an LED lightbar down the track?
    2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Originally posted by grhyso View Post
      What sort of driving do you need them for? Are you going with halogen or HID? Will you possibly fit an LED lightbar down the track?
      Night hwy driving only. I am after halogen bulbs and will not consider LED bar.
      For sale from September:NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Auto \ Bushskinz intercooler+sump\ Dobinsons Raised + KYB Scorched4

Comment

Hi I have 55w hid euro spread there a cross between spot and spread love them regards john

Comment

"euro spread" is not available on non Chinese lights yet. I am not a big expert in electricity and wires so prefer plug and play of Narvas.
          I had Narva Ultima 175 on the previous car and the were not powerful enough.

Comment

Originally posted by maasau View Post
            If highway only I'd be leaning towards both spot's. I haven't any experience with the Ultima 225 (But they is currently at the top of my list). hopefully someone here has some experience. Alternatively you could go three, buy the spot and spread, if it's not bright enough get another spot?
            2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

These were they just plug and play ballast inbuilt you just hook up + - and thats it $100.00 for a pair deliverd to my door regards john

Comment

Originally posted by maasau View Post
                I have the spot/spread combination in HID. This works well on the road - spread beam adds to the middle distance vision.

Stating the obvious - but if you can get a look at someones setup at night it can certainly help you choose.

You've mentioned the Narva 175's weren't powerful enough - what lamps did they have? (wattage). There are some high wattage lamps available in halogen that yield greater light output.

Not suggesting you look at HID - but I'll add why I did: high light output and also the colour.

Cheers.
                2013 NW GLXR (MY14) Auto

Comment

I would assume you're going halogen for the cost? And no light bar? If thats the case combo, or even spread will be fine. No point seeing a km down the road and not seeing the roo off to the side in a few hundred meters
                  If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

You will be disappointed with the combo. Not enough light from either light to do the job properly at long range or closer in. Specs say that the 225 broad beam will give you light out to near 700m and you'll get enough width to see both sides of the road. Not a bad setup but the Fyrlyts are much better for similar money.
                    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by TristanNL View Post
                      You've mentioned the Narva 175's weren't powerful enough - what lamps did they have? (wattage). There are some high wattage lamps available in halogen that yield greater light output
                      They were standard lights and bulbs. Much better than stock on Kluger but not as good as wanted to. Stock Pajero headlights really are not too bad!

Originally posted by bakerboy View Post
                      I would assume you're going halogen for the cost? And no light bar? If thats the case combo, or even spread will be fine. No point seeing a km down the road and not seeing the roo off to the side in a few hundred meters
                      You think like myself
                      I don't care about roos 500m+ away but scary of roadkills in 200-300m range.

Thank you all guys!

I will buy a combo and post pictures here. If it will not be enough I will upgrade bulbs to Philips X-Tremes +100%. They made a BIG difference to stock headlights.

Comment

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post
                        Fyrlyts are much better for similar money.
                        I couldn't find any prices on their web-site
                        SKU: FYRLT-16000 Price: $550.00 is almost twice more than a set of Narva Ultima 225.

Comment

I have the halogen 225, both in spread and thought they were pretty good for night driving. I usually limit myself to 100kph if the conditions allow and I had plenty of light in front and to the side. Very happy with my purchase.

I have recently installed a 3rd halogen 225 (spot) but haven't aligned it yet to get the full effect (couldn't resist it at the price haha).
                          SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                          NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

the one pair of fyrlyts that I've seen failed to impress at all, yellowed lens after a few years isn't a great sign
                            If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

I have 225's in spread/spot. I retroed 35W hids to them. For normal work they are ok. However I recently used them in sparse, open country and I couldn't see jack. Not that I do that stuff often, but it made me realise I need a light bar as well.
                              MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. My14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

Love from the dime a dozen, lonely army type/weekend warrior dude with a dual cab and all the same shit as everyone else who doesn't know any better. Thanks for the tip Bru.

NX buildhttps://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ive%5B1%5D.gif

My Journeys

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X