Spotties & UHF for Shorty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotties & UHF for Shorty

I'm going to be in Melb for a little bit. The bulbar should get there for me to install on the Shorty, so I am also considering getting some lights on there and a UHF installed.

Not after anything flash at this stage, expensive/quality gear can come later if I ever get the chance to make it my little beasty! I'm not particularly keen on having 5/600 dollars worth of lighting and the same on UHF gear sitting on the car doing nothing.
    Yes I know I could spend on and install good gear now rather than having to do it later, but its potentially 2+ years before I make the move back to Melb. I'd just prefer to have "something" there that can be used if I get the chance to take it out whilst I'm home; and if it happens to do the job I want then happy days they can stay there!

Looking at these spotties:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/231018182882

Have seen other people's comments on the Sunyee's in the Challenger section. Don't get any "stay away!!" type comments.
    Anyone have these exact ones by any chance- opinions?

And this UHF:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ORICOM-UH...item258343bc2e

Once again, any opinions?

Cheers.
    '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
    Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Originally posted by Alex86 View Post
    Looking at these spotties:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/231018182882

Have seen other people's comments on the Sunyee's in the Challenger section. Don't get any "stay away!!" type comments.
    Must have missed my comments then.

Seriously, they're junk compared to quality lights, but they're cheap and if you just want something for now then they'll probably do. Better than the standard headlights at any rate.

I've been down the track of cheap lights and, just like cheap tools, won't be heading in that direction again.

And this UHF:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ORICOM-UH...item258343bc2e

Once again, any opinions?
    I had an Oricom in my Triton when I had to replace quickly after the Uniden failed. It came with a 3 year warranty and despite the cheap outside and microphone that rattled incessantly, it actually worked quite well. My take is that their QC is more on the internals and the cheaper price comes from cases and such that aren't so important.
    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post
      Must have missed my comments then.
      Must have....

This is the only thread that has come back for a search on "Sunyee" and I didn't see you there.
      http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=34540

I am thinking about the whole "just buy quality now" thing... but not sure I can wisely justify it as it's hardly going to get used!
      '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Comment

For the price the hid's are good value, however they are generally a very focused beam, depends if you want any flood to your lights or not, can't comment on the uhf though
        If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

Are the flood covers pretty useless on them??

Comment

well I have brought spotties from that guy service is great and as far as im concern the spotties are good to I got the 4inch euro beam as I didn't want to see 500 yards down the road just 100 and out the side the euro beams are a cross between a spot and a flood.price on 4x4 stuff is over priced if you want to go and spend 500 dollar on a set go for it and have a look most thing these days are made in china ? the uhf well I like uniden I use to have 1 on a motorbike when I was out mustering cattle and all the bouncing around and tumbles they kept on working so that's my opinion ,
            have a look at this guy I've brought stuff off of him regards john http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.html?_o...at=0&_from=R40

Comment

I am looking to sell my Lightforce XGT's (Blue Combo covers and Clear spot covers both included) shortly.

(Click the link in my sig to see pics)

They are a great light, nothing wrong with them and still in as new condition - I just want to try something else a bit smaller in overall diametre..

As for the UHF,
              I currently have a GME 3340 UHF and will be swapping it for the new Oricom 380 model as I have been asked to try it out and give some feedback.. I'll let you know what my thoughts are on the Oricoms.

Comment

not entirely sure of the bullbar space, but id be a little concerned those xgts might be a bit big for it.

good to hear that the eBay seller is easy to deal with, that's a plus.

Comment

I don't know about that Oricom you mentioned but I've got this Oricom in my last Paj (that I still own).
                  http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ORICOM-UH...b6c0dfc&_uhb=1

I had a GME in the Paj before that and the one after. Can't tell any difference in the reception between them. If I was picking the flaws in it, it's actually not a very easy interface to use. It's easy to change the volume but another dial for the channel would have made it so much easier to use. Looks like the one you're looking at has that so it could be fine. The speaker could be a little louder but my hearing isn't the best and it's not bad. Only a marginal difference with the GME.
                  2005 NP Platinum 3.2 DID Auto, Lovells HD springs, Bilstein shocks, Firestone Airbags, ARB bar, Warn XD 9000 winch, IPF 900 Xtreme Sport lights, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, Outback Accessories rock sliders, GME 3200 UHF, CTEK Dc to Dc Dual Battery system, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tyres, Torque Converter lock-up kit, Safari snorkel, Taipan high performance exhaust, LRA 66lt long range fuel tank.

Comment

I installed an uhf058 in the patrol. Will be coming out for a gme when funds permit. It is very crackly when receiving, and I just don't like it.

Comment

bit the bullet and taking a gamble on thebligjts and the uhf.

lights arrived 2 days after ordering, still waiting on uhf.
                      will report back when fitted!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X