Ad below navbar

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UHF remote head in cup holder area (Gen III)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UHF remote head in cup holder area (Gen III)

Has anyone tried fitting a UHF remote head in the pen/cupholder area on a Gen III? For that matter what about under the RV meter (i think they call it a map pocket)?

Cheers,
    Mike
    Retired - 2001 NM Exceed V6, 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, Wildcat Headers and Custom 2.5" Lukey Ultra Flo System, Milford barrier, Cooper HTs and GY MT/Rs, TJM sump and transmission bashplates

I installed mine under the RV Meter,drilled hole bottom left hand corner for cable & had to file the uhf remote head top & bottom & fits perfectly. Holds its self their over rough roads {no probs}, no glue or screws needed!
    Works for me & looks good & no cutting, Cheers Gary
    Dual Battery
    80Ltr Waeco
    91Ltr Longrange Tank
    3" Lovells/Bilstein
    3” Exhaust
    Winch
    NP 05 DID

Comment

Originally posted by Garygls View Post
      I installed mine under the RV Meter,drilled hole bottom left hand corner for cable & had to file the uhf remote head top & bottom & fits perfectly. Holds its self their over rough roads {no probs}, no glue or screws needed!
      Works for me & looks good & no cutting, Cheers Gary
      Thanks Gary. Any chance of a photo?
      Retired - 2001 NM Exceed V6, 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, Wildcat Headers and Custom 2.5" Lukey Ultra Flo System, Milford barrier, Cooper HTs and GY MT/Rs, TJM sump and transmission bashplates

Comment

Mike,
        so happens I have photos and fitting procedure for a remote head GME tx3400 I fitted under under rv meter. File is 2mbish.I think I still have your email address if you want it sent.
        cheers
        04 GLS Auto DID,ARB bar, Bilstein/Lovells,stedi 240 w light bar, DPchip, Cargo Barrier, dual batts, etc

Comment

Hi Endorphin, not sure how to send picture to this site, but will Email to you if you like {PM me your address}
          Re;Rest of unit install, used power from cig lighter {has required volts} ran wires under carpet & consile & rest of unit is under drivers seat.
          Dual Battery
          80Ltr Waeco
          91Ltr Longrange Tank
          3" Lovells/Bilstein
          3” Exhaust
          Winch
          NP 05 DID

Comment

UHF Remote Head

I have the remote head for my UHF fitted in the pen holder. Mike bracket is velcroed to the left on the console. Main unit is tucked up under the dash on the drivers side, with the connecting cable running down under the plastic of the console, coming out to the head unit via the hand brake lever slot.
            NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

Hi Endorphin,
              I have also fitted one to the pen holder. The speaker unit is mounted behind the panel below the steering wheel & I hooked up to power under the driver's seat. Used a screw in the panel near my left knee for the transmitter (thing you talk into) clip - no holes in the dash. It all works well for me & I was able to do the job myself, even though I'm usually a bit of a mug at this kind of work. BTW, having the display in the sun actually enhances the clarity of the readout - very easy to read.
              I've also got photos but can't get them on here.
              Cheers
              Greg

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X