glow plugs dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glow plugs dilemma

Hi Everyone,I have a '05 mk triton 2.8ltr diesel and I am going through glow plugs every 40.000klms.I bought the car five years ago (82.000klms) had it serviced,the mechanic found it had the wrong glow plugs in and replaced them with genuine ones,I replaced them at 120.000klms.Now at 162.000klms they need to be replaced again.I hope this isn't normal or is there something else wrong.any help would be much appreciated,thanks

glow plugs dilemma

Hi ;
    My NL has the same problem and have to replace my glow plugs every couple of years, the last set only lasted about 10,00 Klms. Seems to be a pattern with the diesel ( 2.8 Ltr any way ). One thing i think may be happerning is there is a timer under the radio that controls the relay that powers the glow plugs and keep the glow plugs powered for a short time, maybe a few seconds, maybe longer or may even work off the temp sender of the motor.

All i know in the last 5 years of owning my pajero and have chalked up just over 50,000 Kms now since i took ownwership. My pajero now has about 208,000 Kms and this is the only problem.

Yes, a problem, but at leased you are not alone.

Comment

Thanks Valiant,I have since found out that this is a common problem with the 2.8ltr diesel.I will take a look and test the timer and temp sensor out,I was also told it could also be the glow plug relay.Like you this is the only problem I have with my beloved ute (my first was a
      MJ triton 350.000klms fuss free).
      Happy travels and thanks again.

Comment

what plugs are you using the bosch and ngk cheap ones fail regularly, you need the ceramic tipped ones if you can find them they last much longer.
        Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
        Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

G,day Schnitzel,I've always used genuine mitsubishi glow plugs.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X