Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Guages

Hi guys,

After having a lot of difficulty with the Autotechnica Gauges i have decided to toss them away, no harm in trying them at the cost of $40.00 each from Repco. the problem came down to quality of the product and the inaccuracy of them. The boost and water gauges were totally unreliable showing massive temp and boost spikes.

Wanted to know if anyone else had been experiencing problems with inaccurate readings from the cheapie gauges?

Anyway i have decided to fork out $240 for a set of auto-meter Cobalt Gauges that i can hopefully rely on, they seem to be far better in quality and look even better than the cheapies! so i shall give them a run for their money.

Was a bit disappointed that the auto-meter ones DONT include a wiring kit
    so i just cut and shut the autotechnica harnesses.

Will Report on how i go with them.

-Pete
    1999 NL WIDEBODY GLS TDI EXCEED

yeah I gave up on cheap guages too.

I like the autometer gauges but they dont have a full range of metric guages which was the killer for me.

In the end I went for Odyssey blue digital gauges , very nice (but I still like the autometer best)
    NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers

Comment

I also bought Autometer Cobalt gauges (well, boost for now and EGT in the future) because of how well they match the factory dash

Comment

Well after tonight the verdict is quite clear i will not be cheaping out on instruments, the auto-meter cobalt gauges are incredibly accurate! and work perfectly!

Currently have Water temp and Boost in the Metric Type.
        1999 NL WIDEBODY GLS TDI EXCEED

Comment

With the boost gauge, did you use some sort of thread locking compound on the threads? I've had a quick look at instructions and it says so etching about it.

Comment

i used the sport-comp series. nice gear and its right.

Oil Pressure /water temp/volts

You can see the oil pressure change as the oil gets to temp.
            Water temp change when slipstreaming a truck.
            Volts, well, its semi handy...

On open road all needles point up. easy to see if one is off centre.

LED to light em up too. gotta match the rest.

LC

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X