Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pajero steering wheel remote control

Hi guys,

Recently (on the old forum) I mentioned about being successful in modifying an off the shelf Pioneer steering wheel remote control to work with the Pajero (NP MY06 Exceed) front unit.
    I designed a proper PCB for the conversion and I am able to offer the converted remote to other Pojero owners.

Here is a photo of the microcontroller module:

and a photo of the infrared module:

I published two video clips demonstrating the remote operations. You could view them here:

http://udc.aus.googlepages.com/steer...lremotecontrol

or search on YouTube for ?Pajero steering wheel remote?.

Cheers,
    Vlad

Hey Vlad

Can you give a run-down on what you exactly you are offering?

Trev
    Current ride. EP91 Starlet Auto
    Missus car: 2005 Platinum DiD Auto, H/R Towbar, Rhino Sportz Aero Bars, Redarc Isolator, Elec Brake Controller. 2" Lift and LT Tyres.

Comment

Trev,

Ideally I would like to offer a do-it-yourself kit but for this type of conversion it is not practical. Opening the remote shell is a pain, the soldering of the fine pitch surface components is not for the fainthearted. I also believe that there are very limited number of cars with this type of front unit. For these reasons I decided doing the conversions myself and what I am offering is a modified remote in its original packaging as shown bellow.

The remote comes with installation instructions, which are pretty straight forward to follow.

I am also considering designing another version of the conversion that would allow the remote to be programmed with codes from another IR remote. This way most off the shelf car entertainment units would be able to use it.

Cheers,
      Vlad

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X